+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will it be enough ?

sankuu

Apr 5, 2014
i can manage 30k USD for my four year bsc nursing program..will it be enough for tuition fees and stuffs which i need there for four years? i want to work there for my living ..but for study fees i want to bring it from home...i am planning to read in university of Calgary ..
thankuu

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How much is tuition? You have to have tuition+10 000 for living expenses a year.

You would NOT be able to earn enough to cover international tuition and living expenses. Besides VO wants to see enough funds for 4 years OR a proof of money coming in future to cover expenses. They do not issue SP to students who "will work in Canada to cover expenses".

And on top of that - nursing programs are EXTREMELY difficult in terms of load of classes and home work. It is almost impossible for Canadians to work while they are in nursing program.

sankuu

Apr 5, 2014
my tuition fees per year is 10k CAD .. cant i work full time in holidays and manage money for my living? i can only manage 30K for my four year course ? guide me please..thanks !

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Regina said:
How much is tuition? You have to have tuition+10 000 for living expenses a year.

You would NOT be able to earn enough to cover international tuition and living expenses. Besides VO wants to see enough funds for 4 years OR a proof of money coming in future to cover expenses. They do not issue SP to students who "will work in Canada to cover expenses".

And on top of that - nursing programs are EXTREMELY difficult in terms of load of classes and home work. It is almost impossible for Canadians to work while they are in nursing program.
No, the OP only has to demonstrate 1st year tuition and $10K for living expenses and about $2K for travel.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the OP only has to demonstrate 1st year tuition and $10K for living expenses and about $2K for travel.
Nope.
Students are required to demonstrate financial sufficiency for only the first year of studies,

Officers should be satisfied though that the probability of funding for future years does exist, i.e., parents
are employed; scholarship is for more than one year.

Conversely, in some very high-risk environments, requiring and systematically verifying substantial history of funds
and supplementary individual or family financial and employment documentation may be necessary to ensure that only genuine students well able to support their program of studies are
accorded study permits.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf
para 7.7

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
@ Regina

Will they reject if the amount showed is more than the tuition fees + living expense.

My tuition fee is $42,000 and duration of the course is 24 months. I showed $80,000 in total whereas I only required $62,000.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
praveen1989 said:
@ Regina

Will they reject if the amount showed is more than the tuition fees + living expense.

My tuition fee is $42,000 and duration of the course is 24 months. I showed $80,000 in total whereas I only required $62,000.
Sure - they can still reject if they aren't confident the funds are yours or available (i.e. they were borrowed) - and for other reasons.

praveen1989

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
scylla said:
Sure - they can still reject if they aren't confident the funds are yours or available (i.e. they were borrowed) - and for other reasons.
seriously :eek: ?

borrowed in the sense? personal loan or student loan? Why do they bother if the amount is borrowed?

I showed a loan amount and the proof plus 4 months bank statement.