+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will it be a problem to travel outside of Canada for a month after sending citizenship application?

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Hello, I will be sending the citizenship application very soon in January of 2019. After sending all the document by mail, I will travel back to home country to visit family for one month. Will that create any issues in the citizenship application and will be raise "Residence Questionnaire"? Or maybe it will prolong the application processing time because of this?

Thanks.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Your citizenship application physical presence days are validated based on the days you were in Canada prior to when you sign the application. So if you leave the country for a month it should not affect the application.

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Your citizenship application physical presence days are validated based on the days you were in Canada prior to when you sign the application. So if you leave the country for a month it should not affect the application.
Hello Sir, but I am wondering if it will raise the "Residence Questionnaire" or prolong the application? Under what circumstance, "Residence Questionnaire" will be raised?

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
Hello Sir, but I am wondering if it will raise the "Residence Questionnaire" or prolong the application? Under what circumstance, "Residence Questionnaire" will be raised?
RQ might occur only if what you claim under physical presence calculator does not match the CIC records. Short visit for a month should not be an issue.

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
RQ might occur only if what you claim under physical presence calculator does not match the CIC records. Short visit for a month should not be an issue.
Hello Sir, thank you very much for the clarification. I wonder when I submit the document, I will need to submit "photocopy of passport bio page" (not all passport pages), right?

Should I report about my trip to the processing center after I come back from the trip? I wonder at what stage of application, they will look at the passport, maybe at the oath?

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
Hello Sir, thank you very much for the clarification. I wonder when I submit the document, I will need to submit "photocopy of passport bio page" (not all passport pages), right?

Should I report about my trip to the processing center after I come back from the trip? I wonder at what stage of application, they will look at the passport, maybe at the oath?
It is bit a little vague what passport page/s to send. On one hand it requests you to have bio page but other places it says need to provide supporting docs. It is better to send pages which have stamps.

Your eligibility period determines whether you would like to mention about trip. For. e.g. You are leaving on Jan 10th...and return on Jan 30th and if it falls under the eligibility period...then you would be reporting that. If you return on Jan 30th and eligibility period is before Jan 10th...and if you sign the application like that i.e. Jan 9th...then you would not be reporting.

Passport check is at the interview. Ofcourse, you need to carry PP to Oath too.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
people are waiting for months and months for test and/or oath notices, so 1 month is nothing.
All communication is by email if u provide them with email in the application so u won't miss anything.
No need to let them know about it, u probably won't even get AOR for 2-3 months

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
It is bit a little vague what passport page/s to send. On one hand it requests you to have bio page but other places it says need to provide supporting docs. It is better to send pages which have stamps.

Your eligibility period determines whether you would like to mention about trip. For. e.g. You are leaving on Jan 10th...and return on Jan 30th and if it falls under the eligibility period...then you would be reporting that. If you return on Jan 30th and eligibility period is before Jan 10th...and if you sign the application like that i.e. Jan 9th...then you would not be reporting.

Passport check is at the interview. Ofcourse, you need to carry PP to Oath too.
Hello Sir, thank you very much for the explanation. I just wonder what is the "interview" you are referring to? I think there is only two types of interviews, which are "Program Integrity (PI) interview" and "In-depth residence interview". And it seems both of them happens when something is wrong in the application?

Yes, I also find it a little vague on the CIC website whether to scan only bio page or all pages with stamps or all pages.

Thank you very much.

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
people are waiting for months and months for test and/or oath notices, so 1 month is nothing.
All communication is by email if u provide them with email in the application so u won't miss anything.
No need to let them know about it, u probably won't even get AOR for 2-3 months
Hello Sir, I am wondering if the AOR is received as an email? I was thinking that AOR is received as a postal mail. Will there be anything that sent to me as an postal mail?

Thank you very much.

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
Hello Sir, I am wondering if the AOR is received as an email? I was thinking that AOR is received as a postal mail. Will there be anything that sent to me as an postal mail?

Thank you very much.
In the application...there is an option of how you would like to receive communication. If you opt for postal it would be postal and if email then through email only although rarely even if you opt for email...you might get communication through postal.

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
Hello Sir, thank you very much for the explanation. I just wonder what is the "interview" you are referring to? I think there is only two types of interviews, which are "Program Integrity (PI) interview" and "In-depth residence interview". And it seems both of them happens when something is wrong in the application?

Yes, I also find it a little vague on the CIC website whether to scan only bio page or all pages with stamps or all pages.

Thank you very much.
Generally the passport check is when you are invited for test and majority of times the interview is on the same day with CIC officer.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012

Hi,
sending just a photocopy of your passport bio page is sufficient.