+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I need a PCC certificate if I spend 183 days or more in my home country AFTER submitting my citizenship application?

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
So I submitted my application in the first week of March and then left Canada to visit my parents back in India. Within 20 days of landing in India, the country went under lockdown, and I've been here since then. I don't think international travel is going to resume any time soon, so I might just end up here for 183 days or more. My question is if I will need a PCC from India in this case.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
So I submitted my application in the first week of March and then left Canada to visit my parents back in India. Within 20 days of landing in India, the country went under lockdown, and I've been here since then. I don't think international travel is going to resume any time soon, so I might just end up here for 183 days or more. My question is if I will need a PCC from India in this case.
Post application period doesnt count as application is already submitted which will take account for PCCs(if any) only during the last 5 years from the application date.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it's not costly then I would suggest to get it on your way to Canada. It's one of those "may be" things..

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
We all need to keep in mind that as IRCC said in the website they can still ask for a PCC anytime during the process. If I was you I will get one on my way back to Canada, better be safe than sorry.

Reactions: EUK

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cost of waiting will always be higher cost of pcc...

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
As per IRCC it is very clear you do not need the PCC for the period post the submitted Citizenship Application.

(It is a different scenario altogether, if there is a need to re-apply for whatever reasons...even then, better not to apply now, as the PCC is only valid for one year, and so you can time it to save on the effort and cost if again needed.)

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
As per IRCC it is very clear you do not need the PCC for the period post the submitted Citizenship Application.

(It is a different scenario altogether, if there is a need to re-apply for whatever reasons...even then, better not to apply now, as the PCC is only valid for one year, and so you can time it to save on the effort and cost if again needed.)
This is a very good point, especially if you did not receive an AOR yet. If somehow they send his application back as incomplete ( I am not saying they will..) then he will need a PCC to re-apply. I will just get one with me on my way back to Canada if I was him, just in case.

Reactions: trk1