+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I have to check in again at layover?

Anonymous1212

Jul 23, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am traveling from Delhi to vancouver with a 7 hours layover in London. My airlines change at London - from Delhi to London I have booked Air India and from London to Vancouver it's by Air Canada but the pnr number and ticket number is same for both. I have few doubts regarding the travel:
1. Is there any transit visa required at London even if I'm not leaving the airport.
2. Will I have to collect my check in bags on arrival at London and do recheck in or can I collect it directly at Vancouver airport.

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hi everyone,
I am traveling from Delhi to vancouver with a 7 hours layover in London. My airlines change at London - from Delhi to London I have booked Air India and from London to Vancouver it's by Air Canada but the pnr number and ticket number is same for both. I have few doubts regarding the travel:
1. Is there any transit visa required at London even if I'm not leaving the airport.
2. Will I have to collect my check in bags on arrival at London and do recheck in or can I collect it directly at Vancouver airport.
I guess no transit visa is required if the layover is less than 10 hours. You should confirm it with your airlines or London airport.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi everyone,
These are questions for your airline. They should be able to guide you.

Reactions: YVR123