+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will i get job right away in canada?

tin

Jul 19, 2008
Hi there...I'm a medical doctor for 10 yrs.in india and presently,working in saudi .Now, I'm planning to apply as an immigrant in canada..will i get job right away in canada related to my proffesion ?..thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tin said:
Hi there...I'm a medical doctor for 10 yrs.in india and presently,working in saudi .Now, I'm planning to apply as an immigrant in canada..will i get job right away in canada related to my proffesion ?..thanks
1. Extremely unlikely, you will have to write and pass the Canadian exams, and then get a residency. Less than 6% of foreign trained physicians ever get a residency, which you require to practice. Really look into as you may never practice in Canada.

See: http://www.healthmatchbc.org/hmbc_physicians.asp?pageid=673

These are following exams that you must pass:

The three exams are comprised of the following:

Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE)
Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part 1
Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) Part 2

See: http://www.mcc.ca/en/exams/ee/ about taking the exam

PMM

tin

Jul 19, 2008
Thank you...Thank you ,PMM....I learned a lot from you..

What job then for the foreign physicians who are in canada,who didnt meet yet the requirements ?....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They do whatever they can get. I have met a taxi driver who had a degree as a chemical engineer and I heard from a friend who was working in a food bank that they had a guy there who was a veterinarian. I met a woman who was a wood engineer and was working as a draftsman but working on getting her qualifications as a civil engineer and I know another wood engineer who is working as a machine operator in a cabinetshop. When you come to a new country, you have to be flexible. Maybe you have to work below your abilities for a while or even change your career.

ajain09

Nov 10, 2008
I just came across an interesting article/blog from a guy appealing to Indians, just thought of sharing here as it looks appropriate. http://canadapr.spaces.live.com/

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
ajain09 said:
I just came across an interesting article/blog from a guy appealing to Indians, just thought of sharing here as it looks appropriate. http://canadapr.spaces.live.com/
The certain facts about canada are very attractive like best natural resources with cleaner places to live and high standards of living etc.
Whereas flip sides are very high tax rates, job markets are very uncertain and very difficult, bureaucatic procedures that cost heavy fees and other levies etc.

Many serious studies have shown that taxes in developed countries are lower than in developing ones, once you account for bribes and double-costs, such as paying taxes that supposedly cover health care, then having to pay for private medical insurance. Job markets uncertain and difficult - developed countries have lower unemployment and more stability in general... Bureaucratic procedures? Ok, France's a maze of procedures and offices and stamps, but still much more straight forward than my country of origin, and from my experience, Canada is just fine.

1) How soon I will get a job that will help me and my family sustain our living?
That's why the ideal way to migrate is to get a job first and move later.

2) Why would they need heavy settlement funds from immigrants, if the country is doing so well?
Because there's a cost involved in processing applications, and while the country needs workers, it's not the case that every canadian would be happy to have his/her taxes paying fo it.

3) What are the challenges that a common canadian face every day?
that I don't know.

4) Why is government of canada actively promoting immigration policy that is designed to filter only high talented people/high networth individuals?
because that's who they want in the country? canada is not trying to populate the land (was was the case of the US in the 19th/20th centuries), it just needs good workers.

5) Why do canada immigration officials are so picky about importing the car or other valuables & belongings when move to canada?
the laws are there and they are clear (to some extent). it's not like you arrived with your car at the border and the immigration officer decided out of the blue that you weren't allowed to bring it in... basically, you have to inform yourself...

It is all about EASY-MONEY!. Canadian Government makes approx $250 Million CAD every year through the immig fees. Beware !! CANADA-IMMIGRATION IS ALL ABOUT EASY MONEY FOR CANADA GOVERNMENT.
You will realize it is not worth it after long wait and huge spending your incur on this process and come to canada for living.

And how much does it cost to maintain a worldwide structure to process applications?

Here's another website with useful information:
http://cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/facts/index.asp

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) How soon I will get a job that will help me and my family sustain our living?
Depends on their research before they move. If they research where their job opportunities are before they go, even get a job before they go, they are good. If they pick a city based on something other than job opportunities and then expect to find a job right away in their field, not so good.

2) Why would they need heavy settlement funds from immigrants, if the country is doing so well?
They don't make anybody give any heavy settlement funds to Canada or anybody in Canada. They just want to make sure that immigrants can support themselves and their families while they look for jobs and get settled. Even if you have a job when you arrive, you absolutely need money for first and last months rent or first month and DD if you expect to have a place to live. You need to buy food and a bus pass before you get paid. Want to have a car, you will need to buy that too as well as insurance. However much of their funds the immigrant doesn't need to get settled, he can transfer back to old country and give to his mom if he wants.

3) What are the challenges that a common canadian face every day?
I don't know. Picking what's for dinner? A more yearly challenge is where to go on vacation. Canadians have really very few challenges.

4) Why is government of canada actively promoting immigration policy that is designed to filter only high talented people/high networth individuals?
Ok, if I was running a business, should there be a law that I have to hire untalented people as well as talented ones? I don't think so. Or should I be made to hire a couple of nannies when I really need construction workers? You pick who you need. A low skilled worker can still get a job in Canada and even qualify for PR if they are in a field that is needed.

5) Why do canada immigration officials are so picky about importing the car or other valuables & belongings when move to canada?
Because they don't want you to drive a new car across the border every day and say it's yours?

ajain09

Nov 10, 2008
Is there any where/websites/forums can we get some rough idea approx time frame when Canada Immigrants get job after they landed? May be like a month or 2 month or 6 months etc?

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
ajain09 said:
Is there any where/websites/forums can we get some rough idea approx time frame when Canada Immigrants get job after they landed? May be like a month or 2 month or 6 months etc?
ajain, finding a job depends on sooo many factors that search-time statistics are entirely useless. That said, the CIC asks that you come with approximately CAN 10,000, which is enough for at least six months.

Also, notice that as a legal immigrant, employers cannot discriminate against you on the basis of national origin. You may not get a job due to the languag barriers, or to inadequate qualification, but you cannot be denied a job because you are an immigrant.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eduardoF said:
Also, notice that as a legal immigrant, employers cannot discriminate against you on the basis of national origin. You may not get a job due to the languag barriers, or to inadequate qualification, but you cannot be denied a job because you are an immigrant.
Maybe they can't do that legally but if they have a choice between a person who had unknown education and unknown experience from a country they are not familiar with and a person who has education and experience from Canada, they usually pick the latter. It is harder for somebody fresh off the boat to get good opportunites. Not impossible but being the new guy, you might have to settle for a bit less than you would have otherwise. You have to be ready to prove yourself a bit more than the next guy.

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
Could someone suggest the various options we have in terms of some white collar jobs we could land easily on arrival to Canada? Your response much appreciated!

P.S. Someone suggested call center jobs. Can you add on to the list?

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
foreverwaiting said:
Could someone suggest the various options we have in terms of some white collar jobs we could land easily on arrival to Canada? Your response much appreciated!

P.S. Someone suggested call center jobs. Can you add on to the list?
that would actually be a difficult job to get, since they usually require fluency in the language...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not always. I've had call centre agents who could barely speak English. They are fairly low paid jobs so it's hard to get people for them but they can't pay more if they want to stay in business because they are competing with India. Many companys have outsourced their call centres to India.

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
Leon said:
Not always. I've had call centre agents who could barely speak English. They are fairly low paid jobs so it's hard to get people for them but they can't pay more if they want to stay in business because they are competing with India. Many companys have outsourced their call centres to India.
Leon, I actually thought of India, and of Morroco (for French), and then I changed my mind. English is an official language of India, and everyone "learns" it, so technically, they're "fluent". Even though, true, it's hard to understand them sometimes!