+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will i be safe

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hello

I landed on 4th June 2019 and left the very next day. i am planning to return to Canada on 3 Feb 2022 . will i be safely allowed without being questioned .

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I landed on 4th June 2019 and left the very next day. i am planning to return to Canada on 3 Feb 2022 . will i be safely allowed without being questioned .
No one knows for sure.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hello

If you are asking about enforcement of the PR Residency Obligation . . . yes, it will be OK to remain abroad until early 2022 . . . you have up to three years to make the move to Canada.

CAUTION: this forum is rife with tales of woe told by soft-landing PRs who planned to make the move to Canada within three years and this or that happened, delaying their actual move, and they did not make it. Indeed, many of these PLANNED to make the move to Canada within a year or at least less than two, but still did not make it here within the three years that is allowed without question.

You will be cutting-it-close. By then Covid-19 is not likely to offer much leeway in enforcement. And the closer you get to three years out (from June 2019), the less flexibility you will have to travel for the next two years after arriving here.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
If you are asking about enforcement of the PR Residency Obligation . . . yes, it will be OK to remain abroad until early 2022 . . . you have up to three years to make the move to Canada.

CAUTION: this forum is rife with tales of woe told by soft-landing PRs who planned to make the move to Canada within three years and this or that happened, delaying their actual move, and they did not make it. Indeed, many of these PLANNED to make the move to Canada within a year or at least less than two, but still did not make it here within the three years that is allowed without question.

You will be cutting-it-close. By then Covid-19 is not likely to offer much leeway in enforcement. And the closer you get to three years out (from June 2019), the less flexibility you will have to travel for the next two years after arriving here.
I know all of these ordeals that people experienced. I don’t know how to describe it . We think everything goes by our plan and become too complacent only to find out ourselves in a
perplexing situations and perpetually thinking that if we can go back in time and mend all of the mistakes we committed. I originally planned to come at least 8 months prior to the end of the 3 rd year of my post landing . Nevertheless, it’s amassing extra 10-15k CADs that is tempting me to come 4 months prior to the end of my 3 years period

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
there won't be any questions as long as you enter within your RO. We returned with 55 days buffer after being in Canada just for one hour or so during landing formalities on the landing day. They didn't ask any questions pertaining to RO at least during our permanent move. 4 months buffer is never going to be an issue at all.