+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will i be able to secure a student visa ( sds ) category?

Varun1993

Sep 20, 2022
Hello everyone ……. hope all are doing well …
I have a concern about my Canadian student visa process and i hope some of you can shed some light on concerns …
MY PROFILE…..
I am 28 years old married male with a 3 month old kid .. i have done my Bachelors in computer science with 70% in INDIA and my Masters in Network security with 75% GPA ( In Australia) once I finished my masters I returned back to India and worked as a senior Security auditor in a well known MNC company
Now i am applying PROJECT MANAGMENT (PG 1 year course ) in CANADA via SDS visa with my own funds , and return back to India to start my own Security audit firm …

Travel history to 7 countries as a tourist / 1 country to study and no immigration black marks

My questions are as follows :
what are the advantages and disadvantages in my profile and probability of acquiring a student visa....
Thanks a lot…. for your time answering my questions

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hello everyone ……. hope all are doing well …
I have a concern about my Canadian student visa process and i hope some of you can shed some light on concerns …
MY PROFILE…..
I am 28 years old married male with a 3 month old kid .. i have done my Bachelors in computer science with 70% in INDIA and my Masters in Network security with 75% GPA ( In Australia) once I finished my masters I returned back to India and worked as a senior Security auditor in a well known MNC company
Now i am applying PROJECT MANAGMENT (PG 1 year course ) in CANADA via SDS visa with my own funds , and return back to India to start my own Security audit firm …

Travel history to 7 countries as a tourist / 1 country to study and no immigration black marks

My questions are as follows :
what are the advantages and disadvantages in my profile and probability of acquiring a student visa....
Thanks a lot…. for your time answering my questions
All I can contribute is that if you are pursuing a lesser degree from the ones you currently hold, you need to be extremely clear and convincing in conveying to the VO how this specific degree will help you in your career. Usually, the ideal scenario would be to go for a higher degree. Going for a lesser one, at the end of the day it only becomes one additional hurdle to overcome.

Varun1993

Sep 20, 2022
All I can contribute is that if you are pursuing a lesser degree from the ones you currently hold, you need to be extremely clear and convincing in conveying to the VO how this specific degree will help you in your career. Usually, the ideal scenario would be to go for a higher degree. Going for a lesser one, at the end of the day it only becomes one additional hurdle to overcome.
Thanks you for your time for writing back....

Yes i agree with you but as my consultant recommended me to go for a post graduate certificate ( project managment) 1 year course instead of a new masters program because its completely out of my core subject .. and chances of getting my visa refused is much higher it seems if i would go for a masters visa...

Also i have made sure i mentioned all my points in SOP to go for this course that would help me attain my future goals...

Varun1993

Sep 20, 2022
Thanks you for your time for writing back....

Yes i agree with you but as my consultant recommended me to go for a post graduate certificate ( project managment) 1 year course instead of a new masters program because its completely out of my core subject .. and chances of getting my visa refused is much higher it seems if i would go for a masters visa...

Also i have made sure i mentioned all my points in SOP to go for this course that would help me attain my future goals...

May i please know you personal sugestion for the same ... should i cancell the process and go for a masters course .... and apply ??

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
chances of getting my visa refused is much higher it seems if i would go for a masters visa...
All else equal (e.g., both public universities, both programs related to your job or previous studies), the higher level of education will have a better chance of approval.

Out of curiosity, what school did you apply to? Was it recommended by your consultant? I ask because many consultants get commissions from getting their clients to enroll in certain schools, which often leads to students applying to schools/programs for which they’re not suited.

Varun1993

Sep 20, 2022
All else equal (e.g., both public universities, both programs related to your job or previous studies), the higher level of education will have a better chance of approval.

Out of curiosity, what school did you apply to? Was it recommended by your consultant? I ask because many consultants get commissions from getting their clients to enroll in certain schools, which often leads to students applying to schools/programs for which they’re not suited.

No the consultant just guided me through what the process is and helping out with my visa part .. the admission part i had apllied to 5 colleges on my own for jan intake 23 and got offered from 4 colleges humber college / senece college / canadore college / conestagoa college and flemming college toronto ...

I will be most probably will go for humber .. as its in the top list of colleges ..

I have done IT my whole life ... now movingbover to managment side so that i get a enough knowledge to be a manager / starting a new firm ...