+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will I be able to immigrate to Canada if I land a job in NOC skill level C? (please read the descrip

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014
Hello everyone. This question will be descriptive so i ask you kindly read it patiently. I'm a 23 year old male applying for jobs in Canada from outside using online tools. I'm willing to do (literally) any kind of job that helps me secure PR in the long run. Night shift, remote places, temperature anything is fine by me. This is due to circumstances that I'm currently in--facing persecution/punishment in my country for wanting to marry the love of my life(we cannot live without each other). So like I've said job doesn't matter, only a roof over our head and food on the table does. She's just joined college so we can wait for few years for marriage.

I'm currently employed as (administrative/customer service) Assistant in a public sector company since past 7 months. I qualified for the job based on high school education equivalent (10+2). But I also have a bachelor's degree in engineering. Now I am not sure I'll be able to find jobs based on my engineering degree so I'm looking to land a job in business/finance/administration sector based on my high school qualification, which according to my research on CIC website falls under NOC skill category 'C'-- positions like assistant, office clerk, reception clerk, etc. I've never been to Canada before and I don't have friends or relatives there. I'm depending solely on jobbank.gc.ca and monster.ca as of now.

I'd also love to do jobs in warehouse, forests, sewerage, you name it.

My questions are
1.do I have a possibility of immigrating to Canada any way possible?
2.if I land a job of assistant or similar, will I be considered for only TFW visa or Any other?
3.if I come to Canada as a Foreign worker, how long will it be valid, keeping PR permit prospect in mind?
4.your advice to me?

Kindly be as descriptive and unambiguous as you can.
Sachin.

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014
Re: will I be able to immigrate to Canada if I land a job in NOC skill level C? (please read the des

Forgot to mention that I'm employed in an insurance company. I just completed probationary period of 6 months. Does that qualify me to apply for jobs that require qualification of "college/apprenticeship training"?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: will I be able to immigrate to Canada if I land a job in NOC skill level C? (please read the des

I'll help with one question. To qualify to apply for FSW with an arranged employment offer you need a job that is in a NOC 0, A or B occupation. So unfortunately C won't cut it.

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014

scylla said:
I'll help with one question. To qualify to apply for FSW with an arranged employment offer you need a job that is in a NOC 0, A or B occupation. So unfortunately C won't cut it.
Scylla, thank you for your reply. Yes I realize I've no chance with FSW program. What if I get TFW visa? Or an Open Work Permit? Are PR permits via PNP hard to get?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I don't see on what grounds you would qualify for an open work permit. Maybe there's some information about yourself you haven't provided?

A TFW visa will allow you to temporarily work in Canada - it won't necessarily allow you to apply for PR. To qualify for apply for a TFW visa, you'll need a full time job offer in Canada and an approved LMIA.

As for getting PR through PNP, your question is far too broad since there are some many different programs. However it's generally easier if you have a permanent job offer in Canada that is skilled or semi-skilled.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014

humanist12345 said:
Yes, there are many ways.

humanist12345 said:
2.if I land a job of assistant or similar, will I be considered for only TFW visa or Any other?
Scyllia answered

humanist12345 said:
3.if I come to Canada as a Foreign worker, how long will it be valid, keeping PR permit prospect in mind?
It will be valid for as long as you are needed, usually for as long as your employers want to employ you.

humanist12345 said:
4.your advice to me?
That you consider other options, other countries. You see, the less specialized you are the more people that are like you (not many studies, willing to do everything). Canada is not really interested in people like you because they recieve applications from all over the world. There are impressibly long queues for cases like yours so it might take YEARS to get accepted (I have met many that submitted their papers in 1990s and got the work permit/PR after 8-12 years of waiting).

humanist12345 said:
Forgot to mention that I'm employed in an insurance company. I just completed probationary period of 6 months. Does that qualify me to apply for jobs that require qualification of "college/apprenticeship training"?
How would finishing probation would help? I don't understand how would you think it might help. To qualify for "college/aprenticeship" you need to have studies that are recognized by Canada. The same goes for your engineering degree, even if you get a work permit you can't apply for engineering positions as you are not a Canadian Certified Engineer, for that you need to pass an exam and prove 4 years of Canadian experience.

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014

scylla said:
I don't see on what grounds you would qualify for an open work permit. Maybe there's some information about yourself you haven't provided?

A TFW visa will allow you to temporarily work in Canada - it won't necessarily allow you to apply for PR. To qualify for apply for a TFW visa, you'll need a full time job offer in Canada and an approved LMIA.

As for getting PR through PNP, your question is far too broad since there are some many different programs. However it's generally easier if you have a permanent job offer in Canada that is skilled or semi-skilled.
Thank you for your reply scylla. I named OWP as per the questionnaire on CIC website. I was researching for work-visa based on permanent job offer when the website suggested me I could apply for OWP. I've provided all relevant info.
Are you saying I won't be able to find an employer who would be willing to offer me a permanent-job offer based on my qualification (secondary school)?
And yes I'm aware a TFW visa will only be possible to apply for after a positive LMIA. I'm hoping to be employed at a very remote location where less people are willing to apply. Is it an unrealistic plan?

About PNP, are you saying that it is a highly uncertain path for PR?

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014

Jalex23 said:
Yes, there are many ways.

Scyllia answered

It will be valid for as long as you are needed, usually for as long as your employers want to employ you.

That you consider other options, other countries. You see, the less specialized you are the more people that are like you (not many studies, willing to do everything). Canada is not really interested in people like you because they recieve applications from all over the world. There are impressibly long queues for cases like yours so it might take YEARS to get accepted (I have met many that submitted their papers in 1990s and got the work permit/PR after 8-12 years of waiting).

How would finishing probation would help? I don't understand how would you think it might help. To qualify for "college/aprenticeship" you need to have studies that are recognized by Canada. The same goes for your engineering degree, even if you get a work permit you can't apply for engineering positions as you are not a Canadian Certified Engineer, for that you need to pass an exam and prove 4 years of Canadian experience.
Thank you Jalex23 for your answer. Can you kindly suggest me a one way of those many ways to immigrate?
Do you think I have no chance of getting a permanent-job offer considering my qualification?
Sachin

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014

Hello. Does anyone know jobs that involve cold climate and remote locations that are hard to fill/no Canadian is willing to take?

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010

humanist12345 said:
Hello. Does anyone know jobs that involve cold climate and remote locations that are hard to fill/no Canadian is willing to take?
The problem for you is that there are a LOT of immigrants, with a legal right to work in Canada, who think like this too. I took this route during my PR application -- when I had a reasonable expectation of being a legal immigrant after a few months -- and even though I got a couple of employers to look at my resume, and agree that I looked like I would have been a great fit for the position (ironically, it took me 18 months for this same thing to happen after arriving in Canada), they weren't interested. Those were jobs like 'adult educator/counselor in Labrador', tough places with HR problems.

Basically, it's gotten a lot tougher, both around immigration and around job regulation. In the late 1990s I was almost hired as a school teacher by a remote fly-in community in Saskatchewan, despite being American and having no teaching degree; immigration was simpler, then, and they could hire you as a 'provisional' teacher or whatever. It's not like that, any more.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014

humanist12345 said:
There is no such thing as that. Well there is but not for underqualified persons.... for example there is a shortage of medics in there, of course, you first need to be a medic.... :(

humanist12345 said:
Do you think I have no chance of getting a permanent-job offer considering my qualification?
Submit your PR application and wait a few years, it will come eventually.

humanist12345 said:
I think the chances are remote at best.

As you have been advised you basically don't have an ability that is scarce

Here at work we hire a guy from Norway that was just like you, the difference was he had 14 years of experience on IT technologies that very few people have (our best resource had 4 years). So the company interviewed him online, applied for LMO and then help him immigrate. That is the kind of scenario that you are looking for.

"I will do anything" "I want remote places" all of these jobs are targeted by all people that want to immigrate but don't have enough qualifications. It is not impossible to get it but I wouldn't count on it as a main plan. Think of houndreds of thousands of people like you who want to come. Chances are slim.

My advise still is to immigrate to other countries while you wait for a PR for Canada.

MBCAN

Jul 14, 2014

humanist12345 said:
Hello everyone. This question will be descriptive so i ask you kindly read it patiently. I'm a 23 year old male applying for jobs in Canada from outside using online tools. I'm willing to do (literally) any kind of job that helps me secure PR in the long run. Night shift, remote places, temperature anything is fine by me. This is due to circumstances that I'm currently in--facing persecution/punishment in my country for wanting to marry the love of my life(we cannot live without each other). So like I've said job doesn't matter, only a roof over our head and food on the table does. She's just joined college so we can wait for few years for marriage.

I'm currently employed as (administrative/customer service) Assistant in a public sector company since past 7 months. I qualified for the job based on high school education equivalent (10+2). But I also have a bachelor's degree in engineering. Now I am not sure I'll be able to find jobs based on my engineering degree so I'm looking to land a job in business/finance/administration sector based on my high school qualification, which according to my research on CIC website falls under NOC skill category 'C'-- positions like assistant, office clerk, reception clerk, etc. I've never been to Canada before and I don't have friends or relatives there. I'm depending solely on jobbank.gc.ca and monster.ca as of now.

I'd also love to do jobs in warehouse, forests, sewerage, you name it.

My questions are
4.your advice to me?

Kindly be as descriptive and unambiguous as you can.
Sachin.
Sachin I truly admire your passion. The neverending love story isn't it? It gets me all the time. Without wanting to divulge too much here, I read these forums periodically as we've found a couple of our best people here. I can also see how this can be discouraging for you. I am not promising anything, but please email me your resume to kevin@mail.tt

Even in Canada, great people are a diamond in the rough.

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014

on-hold said:
The problem for you is that there are a LOT of immigrants, with a legal right to work in Canada, who think like this too. I took this route during my PR application -- when I had a reasonable expectation of being a legal immigrant after a few months -- and even though I got a couple of employers to look at my resume, and agree that I looked like I would have been a great fit for the position (ironically, it took me 18 months for this same thing to happen after arriving in Canada), they weren't interested. Those were jobs like 'adult educator/counselor in Labrador', tough places with HR problems.

Basically, it's gotten a lot tougher, both around immigration and around job regulation. In the late 1990s I was almost hired as a school teacher by a remote fly-in community in Saskatchewan, despite being American and having no teaching degree; immigration was simpler, then, and they could hire you as a 'provisional' teacher or whatever. It's not like that, any more.
I get you. Getting a job is lot more difficult now compared to a decade ago but I'm speaking of chances. There are still hundreds of TWP visas are issued after passing all the labour market hurdles each year. I am looking at every possible path here. Thank you very much for your reply though.

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014

Jalex23 said:
There is no such thing as that. Well there is but not for underqualified persons.... for example there is a shortage of medics in there, of course, you first need to be a medic.... :(

Submit your PR application and wait a few years, it will come eventually.

I think the chances are remote at best.

As you have been advised you basically don't have an ability that is scarce

Here at work we hire a guy from Norway that was just like you, the difference was he had 14 years of experience on IT technologies that very few people have (our best resource had 4 years). So the company interviewed him online, applied for LMO and then help him immigrate. That is the kind of scenario that you are looking for.

"I will do anything" "I want remote places" all of these jobs are targeted by all people that want to immigrate but don't have enough qualifications. It is not impossible to get it but I wouldn't count on it as a main plan. Think of houndreds of thousands of people like you who want to come. Chances are slim.

My advise still is to immigrate to other countries while you wait for a PR for Canada.
Thank you for such straight forward reply Jalex23. How do I "immigrate to other countries while I wait for a PR for Canada"? You mean through PNP? Should I work as a temporary foreign worker first for two years and then may be if my employer offer me permanent job offer, I apply for PNP and hence for PR and wait in my home country while CIC makes a decision on my application and while I wait I Look for immigrating to another country? Is that what you're saying?

humanist12345

Jul 12, 2014

MBCAN said:
Sachin I truly admire your passion. The neverending love story isn't it? It gets me all the time. Without wanting to divulge too much here, I read these forums periodically as we've found a couple of our best people here. I can also see how this can be discouraging for you. I am not promising anything, but please email me your resume to kevin @ mail.tt

Even in Canada, great people are a diamond in the rough.
Dear Sir, I've emailed you my resume. Thank you for your kind encouragement.