+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be able to file CSQ after the completion of the IT diploma?

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
I'm currently working as software developer in a company based in Europe and have MSc degree in an engineering discipline. I'm trying to find solid ways to immigrate in Quebec/ Canada and I'm thinking of taking an IT diploma in Montreal, Quebec on the very purpose. I 33 years of old now and have 1.5 years of working experience in the web development (Java stack). While I'm aware of the express entry program, I have lesser points to secure a position there for now.

I plan to take programmer analyst mobile and web application development diploma in the Montreal college of information technology with duration of 8 months. I haven't locked it yet and consider the similar options as well. I have few questions in various aspect,

I. Will I be able to get the working permit to look jobs in Quebec after completion of the program?

II. Will I be able to file CSQ upon graduation of the program? I have scored in DELF B2 above 16/25 in both listening and the speaking section.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I'm currently working as software developer in a company based in Europe and have MSc degree in an engineering discipline. I'm trying to find solid ways to immigrate in Quebec/ Canada and I'm thinking of taking an IT diploma in Montreal, Quebec on the very purpose. I 33 years of old now and have 1.5 years of working experience in the web development (Java stack). While I'm aware of the express entry program, I have lesser points to secure a position there for now.

I plan to take programmer analyst mobile and web application development diploma in the Montreal college of information technology with duration of 8 months. I haven't locked it yet and consider the similar options as well. I have few questions in various aspect,

I. Will I be able to get the working permit to look jobs in Quebec after completion of the program?

II. Will I be able to file CSQ upon graduation of the program? I have scored in DELF B2 above 16/25 in both listening and the speaking section.
Hello,

First I will answer your questions:

> Yes, there is a temporary stay back program, during that period, you should apply for CSQ.

> Depends on your points upon graduation.

First download this pdf and calculate the points that you will be getting in future assuming you complete the diploma in Quebec.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf

This link has the various ways that you can apply for CSQ depending on your situation.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/peq/index.html

Note:
1. Quebec recently has changed the points grid, so its likely that they will change it in future too.
2. Quebec has recently started interviewing random candidates who have claimed French scores.

With everything said, have you tried looking into other provincial nomination programs ?
Saskatchewan opens up every now and then.
http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program

You can study in Ontario (OINP Nomination) or other provinces which gives provincial nominations faster than Quebec without the fuss. Studying in any other provinces other than Quebec, will give points in Express Entry. Because Quebec do not participate in Express Entry. Many foreign degrees are not recognized in Quebec even though rest of Canada recognizes them.

Quebec is a wee bit lethargic when it comes to processing immigration applications other than the French PEQ category. There are people who later regrets applying for Quebec and then there are some who didn't have any choice ( like me ).

In a nutshell,
Your odds of getting a PR is higher if you study in other provinces than Quebec, So layout all your options on the table and decide.

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
This answer is very helpful. I see that if you finish MSc in Ontario, you can file PR right away and under the express entry, this can be granted quickly. This is also valid for the one year of MSc in publicly funded university as well.

App121

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi friends
Please guide when I count my points as a skilled worker they come out to be 59 , but when I apply in the Quebec evaluation calculator ,it says you are not eligible to apply. Pls guide how can I apply for Quebec immigration as skilled worker.