+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Health insurance card from Quebec without photo be accepted for citizenship application?

Rohnho

Nov 26, 2023
Hi! I just moved from Ontario to Quebec and just applied RAMQ(Quebec health insurance card).
Apparently I will get a health insurance card with only number but no photo and no signature and I can apply the one with photo after one year.

Can I use my passport and health insurance card for 2 pieces of ID?

I'm wondering if it has to be photo ID card or doesn't have to be. And I don't have a driving license.

Thank you and happy new year!

dvan

Feb 17, 2023
From the IRCC website, "Among the documents required for an application, they must provide at least two documents to establish their identity. Both pieces of identification must show the applicant’s name and date of birth, and at least one document must have a photograph of the applicant."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html

z7abdulquadir

Jul 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hi! I just moved from Ontario to Quebec and just applied RAMQ(Quebec health insurance card).
Apparently I will get a health insurance card with only number but no photo and no signature and I can apply the one with photo after one year.

Can I use my passport and health insurance card for 2 pieces of ID?

I'm wondering if it has to be photo ID card or doesn't have to be. And I don't have a driving license.

Thank you and happy new year!
Hi,

did you get any update from ramq or any other threads. How are you proceeding?

i dont have photo as well