+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will False/Misrepresented Express Entry Profiles delay our ITA?

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
As you know, express entry points are self-declared, and open to individuals all over the world. Now if people (be within Canada or outside Canada) provide false and/or misrepresented information in order to get in, or for whatever reason, it means that they will be issued ITA (verification is not done until AFTER ITA is issued and application is submitted). Does that mean that all these fraudulent/misrepresented/mistaken applications delay legitimate profiles in EE to get ITA?

Just a general thought/question.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This topic was discussed here earlier:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t257758.0.html

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
scylla said:
This topic was discussed here earlier:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t257758.0.html
Thanks dude. I really hope Canada would charge to allow a spot in the EE, to deter fraud/insincere pool entrants.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
An applican won't be able to submit profile without proof of LMIA, ECA or language test. Misrepresentation/fraud carries a ban of five years, why take the risk?

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
susana said:
An applican won't be able to submit profile without proof of LMIA, ECA or language test. Misrepresentation/fraud carries a ban of five years, why take the risk?
I'm just worried that a lot of people (be it in Canada or outside) might misrepresent their application and delay ITA for legitimate candidates (only to be found inadmissible after submitting an application) . I know that they'll be banned for 5 years, but the damage is done, they've already caused delay in the system.

gurpreet.asrgndu

Jun 24, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats right. in the media conference such point was raised as well. as per the conference making a profile on EE is fully automatic(i.e no human intervention). that means users can enter whatever detail they want(it is possible that there will be fraudelent users or just not accurate information). only after ITA is issued and the user sends his documents to CIC doe his/her earlier information(that he entered while making EE profile) does get verified. so that means there will be delay in the EE pool model and it is inevitable. i think they could hv implemented ECA and IELTS filters/check while user is making EE Profile itself.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gurpreet.asrgndu said:
thats right. in the media conference such point was raised as well. as per the conference making a profile on EE is fully automatic(i.e no human intervention). that means users can enter whatever detail they want(it is possible that there will be fraudelent users or just not accurate information). only after ITA is issued and the user sends his documents to CIC doe his/her earlier information(that he entered while making EE profile) does get verified. so that means there will be delay in the EE pool model and it is inevitable. i think they could hv implemented ECA and IELTS filters/check while user is making EE Profile itself.
I agree with you that,even system is all automatic, they should have implement access to all ECA authorized institutions, as well as for British council, so they can check in SW your results for those 2 categories based on your IELTS test ID, and reference number of application for ECA.
In that case, they would have 100% ready automatic system which prevents fraud.
Many people, specially consultants, will create dozens of fraud profiles just to see how the entire procedure works in details - after ITA is received, procedure switch to "old" way, and those fake profiles will be banned at the expense of processing time and 60days delay for legitimate candidates.
I will be very disappointed in SW developers and architects if they have not predicted this scenario.

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
cecandconfused said:
As you know, express entry points are self-declared, and open to individuals all over the world.
That's what makes Express Entry a lottery. I've been saying this over and over and people just don't get it. Kind of like the US Diversity Visa Lottery: people who submit entries claim that they have a high school diploma (which is required to enter) or that they are natives of a qualifying country (also a requirement for submitting an entry). They then get selected to apply for visas but get denied at the embassy when consular officers find out they don't actually have a high school education and/or are natives of disqualified countries. It's a waste of time, not to mention money. All because anybody in the world can submit entries where they can claim ANYTHING under the sun.

It's gonna be like this with Express Entry as well. People all over the world have nothing to lose by submitting profiles with false credentials. The joke will be on CIC and the Government of Canada, who will NOT be attracting the "best and brightest" after all, but rather those who can fake the best. I suspect people will even be willing to pay reasonable fees to submit entries to the EE pool. If they get selected, the payoff is worth the fee.

I think this is going to be soo inefficient that when the Government finally catches criticism from the public for this total waste of time and money, they're finally going to come to their senses and realize there's only one objective way to admit people without family sponsorship or job offers: and that is a completely random lottery like the US has. It won't avoid the problem of people making false statements about their background (there's no way to avoid that with any program), but at least it will address the criticism of arbitrariness on the part of the Government in how it selects people.

Right now the main criticism of EE is that it lacks accountability and it's very subjective (i.e. arbitrary in how it selects profiles). Those who don't get selected will not get a reason as to why. A random lottery on the other hand is very objective and everyone who did not get picked will have an answer as to why: they did not get picked because the computer program did not random-rank them high enough. End of story. No more lawsuits from lawyers with nothing better to do.

SS1706

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2014
IELTS Request
sent with doc
I am in agreement with the points highlighted by everyone here on False entry by consulatant or fake people, however I am keeping my finger crossed that if they are replicating the Australian EOI system then as applicable there we have to submit our IELTS details along with our report ID number and same is for ECA, so I hope that the same should be replicated here as well.... at least they will be able to screen if not all at least sizelable amount....Its a guess and things will be cleared by 01/Jan only...

rgds
swapnil

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Providing false information just to get an ITA and then kicked out at later stage, waste of time.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do_not_reply said:
Providing false information just to get an ITA and then kicked out at later stage, waste of time.
That is exactly the goal of false people - to reserve ITA for 60 days period... application will never be submitted, of course, but pool will be blocked. legitimate people will waste time, not Canada or false people - they cannot fake documents and receive PR, just make the EE pool suffer.

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
even what's the purpose of blocking the slot, when there is no cap, it's not like FIFO, or any preference, even if people think to fake around , it's stupid

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do_not_reply said:
even what's the purpose of blocking the slot, when there is no cap, it's not like FIFO, or any preference, even if people think to fake around , it's stupid
for consultants - they will have their own multiple profiles inside pool in every category, and they will be able to see structure of the pool in any moment... and there are thousands of consultants worldwide...
for bad people - they will do it just because they are bad... and they can do it... same with hackers, same with ISIS - people do bad things when they can...
I am more worried WHEN will CIC fill in this gap...

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC already screwed this immigration program big time , now it's chance for such people to make it worse :(

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
do_not_reply said:
CIC already screwed this immigration program big time , now it's chance for such people to make it worse :(
CIC "screwed" this immigration program? When was it ever right? The vast majority of arrivals under the Federal Skilled Worker program got here on fraudulent documents, since it's only a paper-review process. Officers are not required to interview the person. For all they know, it's one person taking the language exams and another one arriving at the border with the visa. I have to work with somebody at work who came here as a skilled worker; doesn't speak a word of English. It makes you wonder who the butt of the joke is.

An intake of 285,000 permanent residents per year is insane for a country with a livable area consisting of just a narrow strip of land hugging an international border. This is an abuse of natural resources for which Canadians are going to pay a very high economic price in the future. Some would argue it's already paying that price: houses are unaffordable except to the rich, a bizarre reality for anyone who notices the vast land size of the country.