+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Court Marriage in India suffice as proof after ITA

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Dear all,

I have an ITA. I plan to submit my documents by 10 July and am about to get married on August 20.

I plan to raise CSE just after my marriage to include my spouse as change in circumstances.

However, as I want to expedite the process, I'm planning to have court marriage by 20-28 July.

1. Will CIC accept court marriage proofs along with marriage certificate since court marriage is not common practice in India? This will not be a traditional wedding and Majority of the cases they must have encountered in India will be traditional marriages.

2. I can provide remaining proofs such as call records, pics ets for last 4 months since I am dating my fiance.

Kindly suggest if Court Marriage will be suspicious or not for them?

Thank You

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dear all,

I have an ITA. I plan to submit my documents by 10 July and am about to get married on August 20.

I plan to raise CSE just after my marriage to include my spouse as change in circumstances.

However, as I want to expedite the process, I'm planning to have court marriage by 20-28 July.

1. Will CIC accept court marriage proofs along with marriage certificate since court marriage is not common practice in India? This will not be a traditional wedding and Majority of the cases they must have encountered in India will be traditional marriages.

2. I can provide remaining proofs such as call records, pics ets for last 4 months since I am dating my fiance.

Thank You
Marriage Certificate from "Registrars of Marriage" will be enough.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Dear all,

Thank You
"court marriage isn't common practice in India" - which era are you living in? What you have stated as proof is perfectly fine. No need for pics, call records, etc. - they are offering you the chance to emigrate, not get you convicted.

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I do agree court marriages are not uncommon.

My question was firstly I'm adding a spouse after AoR, secondly highlighting Court Marriage (not a traditional wedding) and thirdly applying from India where historically cases of fake marriages are common, hence anyone with court marriage in India did face any problem ?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi,

My question was firstly I'm adding a spouse after AoR, secondly highlighting Court Marriage (not a traditional wedding) and thirdly applying from India where historically cases of fake marriages are common, hence anyone with court marriage in India did face any problem ?
Do not worry. If you case is fake, CIC will find it and reject your file.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi,

They won't ask you what type of marriage you had. Whether you have a traditional marriage or court marriage the marriage certificate remains the same. All they need is a marriage certificate.

marketstudent1

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
No, I have checked the questionaire given to candidates.

They do ask 1) whether it was a traditional marriage 2) Reception post marriage and pics.

I'm dating my fiancee for last 4 months but plan to do court marriage after AoR.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
No, I have checked the questionaire given to candidates.

They do ask 1) whether it was a traditional marriage 2) Reception post marriage and pics.

I'm dating my fiancee for last 4 months but plan to do court marriage after AoR.

Where is this questionnaire?

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Doesn't matter how you got married. Any legal document (mostly Marriage Certificate by Registrar of Marriages) that shows you are married is adequate.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
I haven't seen any such questionnaire asking about how you got married.
If you say in your application that you are married, you need to provide proof of marriage i.e either marriage certificate or marriage registration certificate.

You got to mention that you are single on your application.
Post your marriage you will need to write to them letting them know about your marriage and asking what documents will they need for your spouse to which they will send you the list which will include proof of marriage document.

I have provided marriage cert as I had a court marriage, and it is sufficient proof.

Reactions: hamgha

Gauravkumarasr

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
I haven't seen any such questionnaire asking about how you got married.
If you say in your application that you are married, you need to provide proof of marriage i.e either marriage certificate or marriage registration certificate.

You got to mention that you are single on your application.
Post your marriage you will need to write to them letting them know about your marriage and asking what documents will they need for your spouse to which they will send you the list which will include proof of marriage document.

I have provided marriage cert as I had a court marriage, and it is sufficient proof.
Hi did you get your PR . Did they ask for another documents like pics or religious marriage certificate etc.please reply soon i need your help. Thanks in advance .

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi did you get your PR . Did they ask for another documents like pics or religious marriage certificate etc.please reply soon i need your help. Thanks in advance .
I am planning to do the court marriage (since I am in US). I would like to get some insights whether it is totally acceptable or not. I will have reception in India later this year since majority of relatives are there.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I am planning to do the court marriage (since I am in US). I would like to get some insights whether it is totally acceptable or not. I will have reception in India later this year since majority of relatives are there.
like the earlier replies in this thread said, it is.