+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CIC accept Degree Completion Letter for proofing the education?

akarshank

Oct 13, 2015
Please, give us some feedback if you've received PR after selecting option A...
I had the exact same case earlier this year. I only had the degree completion letter but I chose option B - Certificate or Degree awarded. I attached the DC letter and explained my case in letter of explanation. I wasn't asked for any documents and got my PR within stipulated timeline without any issues. Hope it helps

arunmarria

Sep 22, 2014
Hello folks.. I have received ITA but I do not have degree but do have completion letter.

So should I apply PR or not?

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
I had the exact same case earlier this year. I only had the degree completion letter but I chose option B - Certificate or Degree awarded. I attached the DC letter and explained my case in letter of explanation. I wasn't asked for any documents and got my PR within stipulated timeline without any issues. Hope it helps
hello, do you have letter of explanation that you submitted to IRCC , i am also in same boat now.

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Any update guys? Is it ok to upload the degree confirmation letter to apply for PR or do we need to wait for the degree certificate? I am also in the same boat.

Please share your experience

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Any update guys? Is it ok to upload the degree confirmation letter to apply for PR or do we need to wait for the degree certificate? I am also in the same boat.

Please share your experience
Yes it's fine. I submitted program completion letter and explained the same in my LoE. My PR application has been approved recently before my convocation.

Reactions: chemistesa

Fayezharb

Sep 1, 2017
Hello folks,

I need your advice on my case, Last month I've submitted my application for PR through the CEC stream, but yesterday I got a letter from IRCC that my application was cancelled since I didn't include a copy of my spouse Canadian credential.
Knowing that we already submitted her transcript and a letter from the University stating that she finished all the requirements for her program and her Degree will be awarded during the next concoction.
The thing is that I will lose my status OWP next month and don't know what to do, the university will not give her Degree at this time of the year.

IRCC Letter:
"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Education Credentials: o A copy of your Spouse’s completed Canadian credential was not included with your electronic application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile."

Please help!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Nsalehi

Feb 23, 2020
Hi Guys

Unfortunately the same case happened to me and I have file rejected on Friday with the same explanations as Fayezharb.
I asked my friends and those who had used their degree completion letter instead of Diploma, the application is approved and some are in the process and some have got their PR.

What can we do at the moment?
I would appreciate your help

Thanks

Reactions: jamilmuradov

RSK07

Feb 25, 2020
Hi, Can I claim points for my ongoing studies and submit documents within 60 days period. I will graduate/complete my studies in April 2020. Please suggest

frostblitz

Dec 31, 2019
Hi, I am about to complete my application, and like the others here, I have not yet received the official diploma but I have the completion letter and transcript from a Canadian University. Has anyone else experienced the negative response as Nsalehi and Fayezharb?

I feel like I should decline the ITA and wait for the documents, if there are known cases of rejection. Please share your experiences if you were once in this situation.

Reactions: tharindumax

kgaurangk

Mar 12, 2020
Hello folks,

I need your advice on my case, Last month I've submitted my application for PR through the CEC stream, but yesterday I got a letter from IRCC that my application was cancelled since I didn't include a copy of my spouse Canadian credential.
Knowing that we already submitted her transcript and a letter from the University stating that she finished all the requirements for her program and her Degree will be awarded during the next concoction.
The thing is that I will lose my status OWP next month and don't know what to do, the university will not give her Degree at this time of the year.

IRCC Letter:
"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Education Credentials: o A copy of your Spouse’s completed Canadian credential was not included with your electronic application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile."

Please help!!!!!!!!

Thank you
Hi

Did you make any progress with your application? I am in a similar situation.

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Hi Guys

Unfortunately the same case happened to me and I have file rejected on Friday with the same explanations as Fayezharb.
I asked my friends and those who had used their degree completion letter instead of Diploma, the application is approved and some are in the process and some have got their PR.

What can we do at the moment?
I would appreciate your help

Thanks
Did you submit your degree completion letter and transcript with your application?