+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CIC accept Degree Completion Letter for proofing the education?

estherli

Jul 23, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have two urgent questions regarding the express entry (CEC stream) and would greatly appreciated that if anyone can provide any assistance. I have just finished my master's degree today in Canada (completing all of the degree requirements) and received a Degree Completion Letter form the University. The actual degree will be conferred in June 2017.

1. My first question is that I am updating my EE profile and I don't know which one to choose under "Standing at the end of study period":
a. In good standing but no certificate or diploma or degree awarded
b. Certificate or diploma or degree awarded

2. My second question is that will CIC accept the Degree Completion Letter or they will reject the application because they require the actual degree? Has anyone had experience getting a PR and used the degree completion letter to proof the education or having experience getting rejection?

Thank you SO MUCH for any comments or answers, any input is much appreciated!!!

Cheers,
Esther

japmeet

Apr 19, 2015
I have the same question! Would appreciate it if somebody could shed some light on the topic. Does the 'letter of completion' or the 'completion letter' suffice for express entry? Would that letter be accepted towards proof of education in canada while applying for express entry? Or do we have to wait for graduation to get the actual degree certificate?

Reactions: frostblitz

estherli

Jul 23, 2015
Thank you for your comment, I am still trying to figure this out. I really wish that someone could jump in and give us some hopes.

Reactions: frostblitz

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
1. My first question is that I am updating my EE profile and I don't know which one to choose under "Standing at the end of study period":

2. My second question is that will CIC accept the Degree Completion Letter or they will reject the application because they require the actual degree? Has anyone had experience getting a PR and used the degree completion letter to proof the education or having experience getting rejection?

As long as you select no degree but good standing, they shouldn't reject it. Just explain you are waiting for your degree.

Tmehta

Feb 1, 2017
Hi

I am going for WES to get ECA, I have done my Graduation, Post Graduation and Masters from difference Universities. My query is as per the WES Doc Guidelines for India, I am to provide;

1. Degree Certificate
2. Transcripts in sealed envelops as per the specifications given.

Please advice is it must to get the Degree to be in the sealed envelope too. I don't think so as that's not specified in the WES guidelines anywhere.

Looking forward to reliable response.

Thanks in advance
Toshi

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Tmehta said:
Hi

I am going for WES to get ECA, I have done my Graduation, Post Graduation and Masters from difference Universities. My query is as per the WES Doc Guidelines for India, I am to provide;

1. Degree Certificate
2. Transcripts in sealed envelops as per the specifications given.

Please advice is it must to get the Degree to be in the sealed envelope too. I don't think so as that's not specified in the WES guidelines anywhere.

Looking forward to reliable response.

Thanks in advance
Toshi
What does the WES website say you have to submit. Copy and paste it here please.

estherli

Jul 23, 2015
kryt0n said:

As long as you select no degree but good standing, they shouldn't reject it. Just explain you are waiting for your degree.
Thank you for your comment! I received the ITA at the same round as you received, congratulations to you! I am now sitting at 476 points with selecting b. Certificate or diploma or degree awarded. I wonder how many points I will lose if I select a. In good standing but no certificate or diploma or degree awarded. Too bad that my EE profile cannot recalculate for me anymore as I have received the ITA on January 04, 2017.

Tmehta

Feb 1, 2017
kryt0n said:
What does the WES website say you have to submit. Copy and paste it here please.
Hi

This is what shown on WES site for Indian Immigrants, please suggest;

Special Requirements:

For applicants submitting a Master’s Degree or PGDip (12+3+2) for evaluation click here.
For study completed at the University of Mumbai, Gujarat University, or Goa University click here.
For study in Ayurveda, Unani, and Siddha indigenous medical systems click here.
WES does NOT evaluate academic records from Sikkim Manipal University.
Required Documents How to Send Documents
1. Final or Provisional Degree Certificate

Examples: Bachelor Degree, Master Degree, Postgraduate Diploma, Doctorate

AND

Forward a legible copy of the document to WES.

2. Annual Statement of Marks / Academic Transcript

An official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study.

NOTES:
WES does not accept mark sheets that have been issued and/or attested by the college you attended unless from an autonomous or constituent college. To check whether your college has autonomous status click here.

Arrange for the documents to be sent directly to WES by the university or autonomous college responsible for conducting the examinations.

-OR-

If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES.

NOTE:
WES only accepts documents attested and sealed by the designated official at the institution that conducted the examination (e.g. Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices). Attestations by individual professors, officials at affiliated colleges, or external notary publics will not be accepted.

Download the academic records request form.

Doctoral Programs:

Confirmation of Award/Degree Conferral

An official written statement certifying that you have been awarded the degree. The Academic Records Request Form may be used for this purpose.

Arrange for the document to be sent directly to WES by the institution that awarded the degree.

Download the confirmation of doctoral degree conferral form.

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Thank you for your comment! I received the ITA at the same round as you received, congratulations to you! I am now sitting at 476 points with selecting b. Certificate or diploma or degree awarded. I wonder how many points I will lose if I select a. In good standing but no certificate or diploma or degree awarded. Too bad that my EE profile cannot recalculate for me anymore as I have received the ITA on January 04, 2017.
Hi. I change from Option B to Option A. My points remained the same.

bijaya

Feb 24, 2014
I recently completed my PhD from canadian university and planning to apply PR through FSW as my current total is 432. My doubt is will CIC accept course completion letter and a transcript as a proof of degree or do i need to wait until i receive a graduation certificate which i will get in another 6 months time...Any first hand experience?@estherli: what is your progress with the PR.. Did you apply with the course completion letter?

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
I recently completed my PhD from canadian university and planning to apply PR through FSW as my current total is 432. My doubt is will CIC accept course completion letter and a transcript as a proof of degree or do i need to wait until i receive a graduation certificate which i will get in another 6 months time...Any first hand experience?@estherli: what is your progress with the PR.. Did you apply with the course completion letter?
In my experience, I had my education evaluated from WES then i put in my application fro Express Entry. Moreover, Express entry asks for WES Report number. So, i feel you need to get the ECA done from WES. But then again, it was my experience.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC considers your degree complete as of your program completion date.

Technically your degree is not awarded, so you should select (A) and explain in LOE that your degree will be conferred later and you will send a copy later via CSE.

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
I am in the same situation. Please help!

fari90

Jan 11, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
BC PNP
AOR Received.
Dec 5,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22,2018
LANDED..........
Mar 17, 2018
Can you please guide , if you have received PR by now after selecting option A "degree awarded"? I am confused which one to select good standing or degree awarded. i have got the degree completion letter