+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Child without Parents pay fees in School

kuljeetsingh

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi, my friend's child is a citizen of Canada by birth. His parents are not PR of Canada so they are not able to come to Canada. They came here on visitor visa and the child born here, then they went back to their home country. Now he is 14 and came to Canada. When we went to school to admit him, then the school authority said that it is mandatory that his parents must be PR of Canada if we want his study free in the school. Now my question is that is there any way that he can study in school free or is there any way that his parents can immigrate here. his old brother 19, is also citizen here and living here. his sister has been sponsored by a canadian as a spouse and her application is in process. now there will be nobody with his parents in their home country. they also want to immigrate here..please give your valuable advices.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since the child is a citizen he should be able to attend public school at no cost. I would contact the school board and ask for their assistance.

If they parents want to immigrate they will either have to qualify on their own (e.g. as skilled workers) - or they can be sponsored by one of their children who is either a Canadian citizen or PR. In order to be sponsored by one of their children, that child will have to be an adult and will have to meet the minimum income requirement for at least three years in a row. Note that CIC only accepts 5,000 parent sponsorship applications each year now and the cap this year was reached in a day and a half. Processing takes a minimum of three years (most likely longer).