+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will CEC specific draw go away?

jd13

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
It seems there might not be any more CEC draws in 2021 till July 2022
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/ircc-looking-to-tackle-express-entry-backlogs-before-resuming-fswp-and-cec-invitations-1119698.html#gs.hr1m9z

Also CEC draw was only conducted from 2020-2021 because of covid it seems. I do not see CEC specific draw in 2019 and earlier. It might again be one common draw in the future. In that case won't the total score to get selected would be 510+ instead of the discounted score CEC candidates enjoyed this and last year?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
No one knows for sure. You don't need to ask the same question 4 different times anyway.
Anyone still in the pool should always be working towards raising their score any way they can, regardless of the future of class specific draws or otherwise.

jd13

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
No one knows for sure I understand. I want to gage people's opinions on what is more likely

D

Deleted member 1050918

CEC draws only existed in 2020 and 2021 as you said, for the sole reason of covid. CEC files are usually easier and quicker to process and finalize since most of their information (education, job experience, funds etc) is in Canada. Besides, most (about 90%) CEC candidates were/are already in Canada at the time of lockdowns and border restrictions. So CECs were ideal for IRCC in efforts to meet annual targets. If there happen to be such strict border restrictions in 2022, CEC draws and an extended TR2PR quota might be expected. However, if all goes well in 2022 (as the entire world hopes), there probably won't be any more CEC draws but only all program draws. CRS cutoff will initially blow up to 500+ or maybe even higher as you said.

Considering there probably won't be any draws besides PNP till Jan or Feb 2022, the EE pool will get very competitive, driving the CRS cutoff high. The EE pool's "natural" cutoff is about 470-475 (2019) with which I believe many CEC candidates under 30 with proper English skills don't have much difficulties achieving. So any competitive CEC candidate under normal circumstances will continue to be competitive. However, there's sadly no hope (other than new border restrictions lol - it's bad to hope for that) for any candidate, be it CEC or FSW, whose score is below 470 in 2022.