+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will be getting married soon got my CSQ and applied for a PR as a single applicant what should i do ?

YUUGUU

Jul 6, 2022
Hey everyone my situation is as follows:

I'm currently engaged to be married but not in a common law partnership, we are not living together.
i got my CSQ as a single applicant since legally this is my marital status, I'm under 30 with a masters degree , Trilingual and (Traitement prioritaire - domaine de formation ) on my CSQ.
I have also applied for a PR on the new online portal also as a single applicant, the application status is "submitted" with no way to update it before i get an AOR letter.
i also now received a PMI+ letter from Quebec and also applied for an open work permit as a single applicant. i am planing on waiting till i get my work permit before getting married. but i would like to get married before leaving to Canada.

My question is what is correct way to proceed ? my future wife is also under 30 with good education and no medical issues. obviously the best outcome would be for both of us to get our PR together and for me to add her to my PR application since i will be in Canada working and delaying my Pr application wont hurt. this will also save us time since i wont have to wait to get my Pr and then apply for a wife sponsorship. Am i thinking correctly and can i do that ? i know its possible for FSW to update their Pr marital status and i think i also can when i get an AOR letter. but how will this effect my CSQ ? what is the correct course of action ? PR application average processing times are 32 months, honestly i cant pause my entire life for 3 years and wait for the IRCC . if it was just a year i would wait to get Pr and then get maried and apply for sponsorship but 3 years is just way to much.

if anyone can offer me some advice or guide me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.