Below is my profile

10th -72%
12th - 78%
BSc Electrical Engineering- 2.01 GPA
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5, R 6, S 6, W 5.5)
Working in field for 2 years
Which University can I apply?
Can I apply for MS Electrical Engineering? Or I should go with PG Diploma
What are the chances of getting Visa on these grades??
Will I get Visa on PG Diploma?

musthing

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,

I just graduated BBA (Bachelors of Business Administration) with 6.0 CGPA with 9 backlogs all cleared in the first attempt.
10th 7.4 CGPA
12th 7.6 CGPA

Is it possible to apply for PGD or MBA in any of the Canadian university or college and get an admission ?

Saiswaroop

Nov 2, 2017
I done my B.Tech in CSE with 64.7%. I had 6 Backlogs
1st Year-2
2nd year 1 Sem -2
2nd year 2 Sem -2
From 3-1 i never have a backlog.
10th- 83%
12th-91%
I have around 4 years of Experience in IT.
I am planning for MBA in Canada. What are chances to get VISA.

rahiblogger

Sep 22, 2017
Hey guys,
i completed BE mechanical with 6.75 cgpa(1 backlog).
Ielts : Overall 6.5 (R 6.5 L 6.5 S 6.5 W 5.5)

i got admission in Fanshawe college 1 yr PG diploma course.
i got refusal a month ago( don't know Reason). After that, i reapplied visa file under Non SPP with extra support letter from College ( which support my education background and English language ability) and convincing letter for "all other reason".

what is chance of getting visa Second time?

naks22

Nov 24, 2017
Hi, I have studied mechanical engineering and have 22 backlogs with an IELTS score of 7. I completed btech in 4 years. Is it worth trying for canada or should I leave the thought of it, keeping my backlogs in mind ?

Reactions: shashankdelhi
Oct 25, 2017
hie...I have done b.tech in computer science in 2016 with 6.2 sgpa
10th with 74%
12th with 72%
ielts result overall 6.5 (L-6.5, R-5.5, W-6.0, S-7.0)
but I have 15 backlogs in which 5 are genuine and other 10 subjects were under detain and those 10 subject's exams were taken late so they have put those subjects under backlog certificate so guide me

will I get problem in my offer letter and visa apply?

Parmeet11

Feb 18, 2018

Not a big deal my friend last week got it with 14 backlogs :p but make sure the course is post graduation one ...In the end its all luck. Canadian embassy has the weirdest visa issuing policy roger that :eek:
Hey bro does maths marks also matters? Like i heard it requires above 60 in maths...does this is also must for btech? Which course in ur btech n which course did u take in canad

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
Backlog does not matter..If your uni issues you a backlog certificate then do attach it..other than that it should be all good.Make sure your core subjects are 60 above..or better chose a course which suits the profile better

Srivishnu

Feb 16, 2018
Hey Guyz .. sorry for late response ..
I got accepted on 3rd august.
Got in with 10 backlogs.
see guys do not worry about backlogs just keep faith in yourself and work hard for it ..
You are definitely ready to go. believe me..
Did you submitted all semester marksheets or just consolidated marksheet alone? To visa officer.

dhillonl21

Mar 5, 2018

I completed my btech in 5 years (1year extended) with 58% and i have 20 backlogs in 2 to 6 sem and
10 th class-6.8cgpa and
60% in 12th
I just completed my btech in 2017
can i apply for September intake
Igot 6.5 in ielts overall not less than 6 in individual?

Hi,

You applied for which course in Sheridan? B.Tech which branch? Did you pass it in 4 years?

The decision on an application for a Canadian study permit will completely be based on one's individual application package. Usually good academic record ( especially marks of last major degree) , proper course selection (preferably showing progression in same field) consistent profile, sufficient proof of funding and a decent IELTS score and showing strong ties to your home country is seen as a standard benchmark to get the Canadian study permit. There may be more requirements, depending upon the citizenship of one's country.

Consistent profile and academic record is one of most important factors, Visa officers consider while issuing a study permit, since you have decent Marks in B.Tech.. and did not lag a year... there should be no problems. Is 82.28% in final year of B.tech? Most Canadian universities need atleast B grade or minimum 60%-65% (depending on the university) in final 2 years of a 4 years Bachelor's degree for students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc. and an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with no bands less than 6)(some top grade universities may require IELTS score of overall 7)/ equivalent score of TOEFL also accepted in most universities for being eligible to apply to Master degree programs. What's your aggregate score in final 2 years of your B.Tech? To maximize your chances you should apply for a Master degree or atleast a PG level certificate course in your field/ related field of study. But, mind you..applying to PG certificate courses won't guarantee visa and at same time.. applying to lower level diplomas, especially in reputed colleges in your area of study... won't mean sure rejection... as there have been cases where bachelor's/,master's degree holder from India do get approved visa for lower level diploma courses... and those even applying to PG courses get rejection! So it really depends on individual cases... and academic record plays a big role... but generally... to have higher chances of visa... one can apply for PG courses... get visa..and if they wish, then move to diploma courses. And honestly, each case differs...it also depends on your luck... If the visa officer notices the backlogs and take it seriously and relate it to inconsistent academic performance, then it MAY be a cause for concern... otherwise no issues.

Hope it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

dhillonl21

Mar 5, 2018
I completed my btech in 5 years (1year extended) with 58% and i have 20 backlogs in 2 to 6 sem and
10 th class-6.8cgpa and
60% in 12th
I just completed my btech in 2017
can i apply for September intake
Igot 6.5 in ielts overall not less than 6 in individual?

gurminderpal07

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017

Hi,

You applied for which course in Sheridan? B.Tech which branch? Did you pass it in 4 years?

The decision on an application for a Canadian study permit will completely be based on one's individual application package. Usually good academic record ( especially marks of last major degree) , proper course selection (preferably showing progression in same field) consistent profile, sufficient proof of funding and a decent IELTS score and showing strong ties to your home country is seen as a standard benchmark to get the Canadian study permit. There may be more requirements, depending upon the citizenship of one's country.

Consistent profile and academic record is one of most important factors, Visa officers consider while issuing a study permit, since you have decent Marks in B.Tech.. and did not lag a year... there should be no problems. Is 82.28% in final year of B.tech? Most Canadian universities need atleast B grade or minimum 60%-65% (depending on the university) in final 2 years of a 4 years Bachelor's degree for students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc. and an IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with no bands less than 6)(some top grade universities may require IELTS score of overall 7)/ equivalent score of TOEFL also accepted in most universities for being eligible to apply to Master degree programs. What's your aggregate score in final 2 years of your B.Tech? To maximize your chances you should apply for a Master degree or atleast a PG level certificate course in your field/ related field of study. But, mind you..applying to PG certificate courses won't guarantee visa and at same time.. applying to lower level diplomas, especially in reputed colleges in your area of study... won't mean sure rejection... as there have been cases where bachelor's/,master's degree holder from India do get approved visa for lower level diploma courses... and those even applying to PG courses get rejection! So it really depends on individual cases... and academic record plays a big role... but generally... to have higher chances of visa... one can apply for PG courses... get visa..and if they wish, then move to diploma courses. And honestly, each case differs...it also depends on your luck... If the visa officer notices the backlogs and take it seriously and relate it to inconsistent academic performance, then it MAY be a cause for concern... otherwise no issues.

Hope it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Can u give me suggestion
10th CBSE 2012 :8.0 cgpa (Math :70)

12th CBSE 2014 Non medical .But math supplementary cleared in 2015 as private candidate :54%( Math :33)

Meanwhile Diploma Civil engg (2014-2017 ) 3 years :82% (Math : 75)

IELTS : (L :7.0 ,R: 6.0 , S:6.0 ,W:6.0)(;O :6.5) on 1st february 2018.

Applied for St. Clair college for Construction Engg Technician
Should i be judged on my recent diploma or previous 12th?
As i have applied for visa application. Did visa officer check my recent diploma or previous 12th score.?
Applied visa on 21st feb 2018 in vfs chandigarh.