+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will backlogs affect if I show my projects and skill assessment results

Swapnil Soni

Apr 23, 2021
Hi,
I've given my IELTS and I got score shown in below image.

Also, I am currently pursuing my bachelor's of engineering in Information Technology. My CGPA is 7.7 (till 7th sem). I do have backlogs in my current degree but I've cleared them by now. Currently I'm in my last semester (8th sem) and having no live backlogs. So, Will I get any issues regarding admission in university for masters?
I also have 2 internship's experience and currently, I'm working in a company since 8 months as a Software Development Engineer. I also have several achievements regarding my field such as winning hackathons and opensource contributions. So, Can I make some impact with my past experience? if yes then please guide me.
Thankyou.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well acceptance depends on the university’s admission requirements. Each university has different requirements.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Backlog is not much of a concern. However, not only university has its own requirement (which is like a baseline) but each department within the university has its own requirement as well. So when you apply, your application has to compete with the other applications to reach beyond the cutoff the department set for the intake. Inspite of overall 6.5 band many university would like to see 6.5 in your writing module.