+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will applying for PR causes rejection of super visa application?

jcurtsy

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
My parents (both above 75 years of age) currently live in their home country. Their super visa will expire in the next 4 years (2027 March). The total number of days they have stayed here in Canada ever since they got their super visa in 2017 is less than 70 days. As they are getting older, and are needing help, I want to bring them here permanently. Since PR application takes time, I will have to bring them in using super visa.
Q 1) If I express interest (and submit application if invitation comes) to sponsor their PR in the next 4 years, will that application causes rejection of super visa- renewal application. Potential Reason-Super visa is a visitors visa- a "non-immigrant" visa. So when PR application/OR interest for PR application is in file, the "immigration-intent" is already established, which will automatically cause a rejection of super-visa application. Am I thinking right?
Q 2) If the PR application becomes successful before the expiry of super visa, then I know I don't need to worry. But if for some reason, the PR application gets rejected, then they will permanently be denied of any more visitor's visas or super visas in future, as "immigration-intent" is clear from previous PR application. Am I thinking right?
Q 3) What is your recommended plan, to bring my parents here to live on a permanent basis? (Timings of super-visa renewal application and PR application)
Q 4) I read somewhere in the forum that you can only apply for super-visa renewal in the last 45 days before expiry, AND it is recommended to wait till the actual expiry to apply for new super visa! Is this true? How early can you apply for super visa renewal? Can they be here in Canada during the super-visa renewal application OR do they need to go to home country for 3-4 months, during the processing of renewal application? (Assume I didn't express interest to sponsor OR apply for PR)

Last edited: