+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will applying for BOWP before visa expires impact my EE profile?

aimeemel

Sep 14, 2018
Hello all.

I really need some help, anything is appreciated.

My IEC visa expired a day or so ago, I really want to stay in Canada and before my visa expired, I didn’t have enough points for EE and I didn’t work in my current job for 9 months in order to apply for BCPNP hence why I applied for a BWOP to buy me more time.

My role at my job is abit of a grey area. I’m employed as a housekeeper but my manager is off sick a lot and since I’ve started, I’ve done her role. I was trained to cover her as soon as I started. Basically I’m a housekeeper on paper but a housekeeper supervisor/manager in reality.

I submitted a paper based application for a work extension along with a job reference and a personal letter from my employer. At this point I thought I would only be eligible for PNP obviously if I could only make it to the 9 months which I could whilst CIC was processing my paperwork.

My employer did not want to apply for an LMIA due to the cost. They’re a small family operated business. Right now I am on implied status. The processing time right now is 111 days. By that time, I will have the 9 months to apply for semi skilled PNP as a housekeeper. My BWOP which was sent by mail was filled out as though I was a housekeeper. I’ve just realised however that by that time, I’ll have 2 years work experience in Canada to apply for EE. I can only get the points for EE at that time if I state I was a housekeeping supervisor which my manager said they would provide a reference for because the majority of my time there, has been in a managering position. I only stated I was a housekeeper on the PNP application as I wasn’t eligible for any other PNP streams.

My question is, if I decided to apply for EE which includes my current job with a NOC code for an executive housekeeper, will the BOWP I sent off by mail and listed myself as a light duty cleaner have an impact on my EE application as the two jobs will be different?

Thank you! I know you hear this a lot but I want to stay in Canada.