+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will an Indonesia woman still have Canadian citizen after getting divorced

Wilma.m

May 8, 2013
I would like to ask anyone who know that if an Indonesia woman who got divorced from her husband already but she was sponsored to have a Canadian citizen from her ex husband due to they got married more than three years. And will she still have a Canadian citizen after getting divorced? And how long does it take for her to be able to get married again? And if she wants to gets married with an Egyptian man, can she send him an invitation for the visa to live in Canada ( she got divorced already ) and can her new husband get a Canadian citizen in case she can have the Canadian citizen after getting divorced?

Wilma

Wilma.m

May 8, 2013
The point of my topic is that my husband asked to get divorced with me and we got divorced already
And he and his families said that he got married with an Indonesian woman who lives in Canada already
And this woman is sending an invitation for a visa to him to live with her in Canada. But this woman got divo red from her Canadian husband already. I'm just worried if this would happen for real because I'm worried about my kids here in case if he moved to be with her for sure, he might not come to take care his kids in Egypt anymore.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Does she have PR status? If yes, divorce cannot take it from her. Being under sponsorship still she will not be able to sponsor. Usually it takes 3 years for adult sponsorship undertaking. As soon as that 3 year period is done, she will be able to sponsor.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Wilma.m said:
The point of my topic is that my husband asked to get divorced with me and we got divorced already
And he and his families said that he got married with an Indonesian woman who lives in Canada already
And this woman is sending an invitation for a visa to him to live with her in Canada. But this woman got divo red from her Canadian husband already. I'm just worried if this would happen for real because I'm worried about my kids here in case if he moved to be with her for sure, he might not come to take care his kids in Egypt anymore.
No one can tell you for sure. It will be up to CIC's decision (That's Citizenship and Immigration Canada.)

However, if your ex-husband is allowed to come to Canada, there isn't anything as far as Canada is concerned to do that will stop him.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wilma.m said:
There is a rule that says that if a person was sponsored as a spouse to Canada and get divorced from their sponsor, they can not sponsor a new spouse until there are 5 years since they got their PR. If the woman got her PR more than 5 years ago, this would not stop her. If she got it later, it will delay them.

It is also possible in rare cases if immigration looks at her sponsorship case and how quickly after getting PR she divorced her first husband, if they conclude that her first marriage was a marriage of convenience, they could possibly revoke her PR and send her home.

If you are worried that he will not pay child support after he moves, there are ways to go after him, even if he is in Canada. You should start reading here: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/child-enfant/country-pays.html You will probably need a lawyer in Canada in the area where he will be living but this may not become a problem. It is possible that he moves to Canada and continues to send you money for the kids.

As he is sponsored, he will have to include the children in his PR application as his dependent children who will not be accompanying him. The children will be required to get medical checks. You should definitely allow this. There is no harm to your children in doing it and it keeps the option open that their father can sponsor them for PR in the future.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Leon said:
There is a rule that says that if a person was sponsored as a spouse to Canada and get divorced from their sponsor, they can not sponsor a new spouse until there are 5 years since they got their PR. If the woman got her PR more than 5 years ago, this would not stop her. If she got it later, it will delay them.

It is also possible in rare cases if immigration looks at her sponsorship case and how quickly after getting PR she divorced her first husband, if they conclude that her first marriage was a marriage of convenience, they could possibly revoke her PR and send her home.

If you are worried that he will not pay child support after he moves, there are ways to go after him, even if he is in Canada. You should start reading here: http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/child-enfant/country-pays.html You will probably need a lawyer in Canada in the area where he will be living but this may not become a problem. It is possible that he moves to Canada and continues to send you money for the kids.

As he is sponsored, he will have to include the children in his PR application as his dependent children who will not be accompanying him. The children will be required to get medical checks. You should definitely allow this. There is no harm to your children in doing it and it keeps the option open that their father can sponsor them for PR in the future.
You are completely right. But there's one more point - he can just not mention his kids in application to avoid any hassle and this way his kids will lose the chance to be sponsored. Everything depends on that man's personality unfortunately.
Lets hope that his plans will never have a chance to come true and he will change his mind and stay with his family.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the man fails to mention his kids in his PR application and immigration finds out about that, that is misrepresentation and they may revoke his PR for that.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Remember also this:

The new regulations apply to spouses or partners in a relationship of two years or less and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The spouse or partner must live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. The status of the sponsored spouse or partner may be revoked if they do not remain in the relationship.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-10-26.asp

Wilma.m

May 8, 2013
Is it possible for the woman to send an invitation for a visa to him by other way which is not the sponsorship? Is there anyway to do that if she's a permanant resident? Is it possible for her to send an invitation for him t come as a tourist in general first just for living together? If she can, how long it is for a tourist visa to be in Canada if he goes there for the first time? His family doesn't tell me so much info about how he will go there. They only told me that he's waiting for his new wife invitation ( I don't even know when they got married and for how long ) when I knew something about this woman ( 3 weeks ago ) only, it was the first time I relized that those shirts from Canada that he said his friend sent to him are all from this woman. For me, i couldn't accept it when there is an affair in a relationship but this happened seriously. And his sister told me that he doesn't mind that this Indonesian woman is older than him for almost ten years and he doesn't mind that she once got married with a Canadian as long as she can make him move to be in Canada. To be honest, he doesn't have so much money and he has a very difficult life living in Kuwait now. Its only me who can take care of the kids well due to my own money. Sometimes, he doesn't even have enough money to pay for his mobile phone bill here. He's an Egyptian living in Kuwait. So, another question is that if his bank statement is really bad, but she can send an invitation by some ways, is if possible for him to get a visa if his bank statement is sooo really bad?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Yes, she can give him an invitation to just visit. There's no guarantee he will be allowed to visit Canada.

Tourist visa can be as short as 1 day and as long as 6 months. How long someone gets is up to CIC.

However, if she's planning to sponsor him as a spouse, the invitation may be just a formality so when they apply for PR, they can show he tried to visit her in Canada and was rejected. CIC likes to see spouses tried to visit each other.

His sister shouldn't get too excited. There's almost no chance her brother can sponsor her to Canada - if he gets in himself.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is often hard for spouses of PR's and Canadians to get a visit visa because they are often considered a risk of overstay. Maybe they'll try it but there is no guarantee that it will work.

If he gets a visit visa, he can usually stay for up to 6 months but they can also apply to extend his visit visa and this is usually allowed if he is already in Canada and his wife is sponsoring him for PR. However, he can't work on a visit visa so she will have to support him.

Wilma.m

May 8, 2013
What if his bank statement is bad? The Canadian e brassy will issue a visit visa for him? Some months he can't even pay for his phone bills in Kuwait. He has no debts but his financial situation isn't good. I usually think that it's not easy to get a Canadian visa. I have a ten year tourist u.s. visa due to I asked for the visa under my company. But when I asked for it, my statement is very good and I did show them my bank statement for 6 months. I heard that its pretty difficult to get a visa from Canadian too. So, I would to know that if his bank statement is not good at all. Is there a chance for him to visit ? Because, his plan is to work there for sure. He can't even support some important financial about 600 u.s. dollar. But it seems like this Indonesian woman wants him to visit. But a sister of my ex husband said that he doesn't mind that she once got married and older than him for many years because he only wants to go to Canada just for being away from hard life in Arab. My ex husband is 26 only. I'm 26 too. I believe that there is an economic problem everywhere in the world. If he lives in Canada, there will be the same problem though because the cost of living there must be higher than when he lives here.

atulsharma

Apr 19, 2013
Help Needed...

Hey Leon..

Sorry to jump on this Page and Post my question actually was not getting the way to msg or write you a Post...

I have newly joined this forum... gone through all the post and comments and seems like you have a lot of knowledge about the canada immigration and studies... if you can help me with some question would be great..

My profile
10th - 66%
12th - 50%
B.com - 68% 2007
IELTS - 7 Band ( 6th April 2013)

Currently working with Bank of america as a front line manager for last 5 Years..
I am looking for doing an Business - Marketing with co - op...with geroge Brown college...
My main aim is to migrate to Canada...however at the same time do not screw up with my career....
I have heard that 2 year programs or diploma can get work visa for 3 years is that true and 1 yr course will only get 1 yr work visa after completion..? My ultimate goal is to study in marketing field and work for 2 years and apply for PR...is this the correct way..?
While i am studying if i dont get work on Campus...is there a way i can work illegally in canada with less wages for the 1st Six months...?

Thanks once again

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If the woman has sufficient funds and also says in the invitation letter that she will pay for everything, it may be possible for him to get a visa but I doubt it because he has to overcome the following:
1. show strong ties to his home country(Egypt) - he lives in Kuwait, hence weak ties.
2. limited employment prospects - you said he is struggling to pay bills and a poor bank statement/account balance doesn't help
3. travel history - has he been to other countries(besides Kuwait) and returned to Egypt at the end of his authorized stay?
4. he's married to a citizen/PR holder - risk of overstay

As for the sponsorship, they have to satisfy the officer that the marriage is genuine and wasn't entered into in order to acquire status. You said the woman is 10 years older than him? Is this a common practice in Egypt? The little I know of the culture says otherwise. CIC will be looking at this age difference and how soon after meeting they married. So he or his sister shouldn't get excited just yet.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wilma.m said:
What if his bank statement is bad? The Canadian e brassy will issue a visit visa for him? Some months he can't even pay for his phone bills in Kuwait. He has no debts but his financial situation isn't good. I usually think that it's not easy to get a Canadian visa. I have a ten year tourist u.s. visa due to I asked for the visa under my company. But when I asked for it, my statement is very good and I did show them my bank statement for 6 months. I heard that its pretty difficult to get a visa from Canadian too. So, I would to know that if his bank statement is not good at all. Is there a chance for him to visit ? Because, his plan is to work there for sure. He can't even support some important financial about 600 u.s. dollar. But it seems like this Indonesian woman wants him to visit. But a sister of my ex husband said that he doesn't mind that she once got married and older than him for many years because he only wants to go to Canada just for being away from hard life in Arab. My ex husband is 26 only. I'm 26 too. I believe that there is an economic problem everywhere in the world. If he lives in Canada, there will be the same problem though because the cost of living there must be higher than when he lives here.
Like others have said, the woman could say that she will support him but a bigger issue is that he will be seen as a likely risk of overstay.

I don't know why your husband is struggling with money. If it is because he is an overspender or because he is not a hard worker, he will have exactly the same problems in Canada. Further, I ask you what do you want from this guy? He cheated on you. He left you alone with the children. He is not even earning any money to support his children. He seems pretty useless to me. I suggest you forget about him and his future plans and find a better man.