+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will All Fall Applicants Receive an AIP?

Literarymathy

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
I noticed that many applicants are already receiving their AIPs. This is good news and also begs a lot of questions. Will all applicants get an AIP? I haven't heard of anyone receiving a rejection in this first stage so far. If they intend to even reject some applicants in the first stage, what modalities will they use? Especially as most applicants paid for their biometrics and haven't even done it yet. Will they wait for biometrics to be completed before giving a rejection? I'm just thinking aloud here.

Reactions: amsanae and suhelm

moha87a

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
I noticed that many applicants are already receiving their AIPs. This is good news and also begs a lot of questions. Will all applicants get an AIP? I haven't heard of anyone receiving a rejection in this first stage so far. If they intend to even reject some applicants in the first stage, what modalities will they use? Especially as most applicants paid for their biometrics and haven't even done it yet. Will they wait for biometrics to be completed before giving a rejection? I'm just thinking aloud here.
Still waiting
Applied for PhD with funded
My complete package went through VFS since February
Iraq and application process in Jordan

Neil johnson

Aug 5, 2020
Everyone is anticipating high success rate,but Canadian immigration dept. is taking too much time to process applications and in according results. I dont think that every fall applicant will be able to get the final decision before the beginning of classes.

Last edited:

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
The first stage of an AIP has two prime criterias that will be assessed. The first is being admitted into a DLI that is accredited in Canada which most applicants should be able to scale through. However, the second criteria which is proof of availability of funds might be a hindrance to certain applicants. For instance, if the visa officer assessing a particular applicant's profile deems that the applicant's bank statement (SOA) has certain discrepancies and doesn't suitably prove that the applicant can fund both his/her tuition and living expenses while studying in Canada then that would lead to a rejection. Also with all the backlogs, I doubt most applicants will get some sort of feedback before the Fall semester. The timeframe is just too short to process that many applications in time.

Reactions: Literarymathy

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Check #13
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-ircc-webinar-about-changes-in-study-permit-processing-is-now-announced.696808/post-8763483

Just_J

Star Member
Jul 27, 2020
If the applicant has paid a full year fee for a 1 year course + Gic paid + some Fixed deposit incase needed, what do you think in this scenario, they way they cleared some points are making it a bit messy, plz advise
That scenario seems like an ideal scenario since the applicant has already payed the full one year fee, GIC and a lump sum fixed deposit, which definately goes a long way in providing substantial documentation that the applicant is indeed a bonafide and genuine student. The fixed deposit can be utilized by the applicant as proof of sufficient funds to cover one year of living expenses of at least $10,000 CAD which is compulsory, provided that the fixed deposit is up to that amount.

Reactions: Rehman98