+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will a US ban affect Canada immigration

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
A permanent ban? Most likely, yes. But we're not immigration lawyers so we can't say for certain. Your best bet is to consult proper legal counsel.

Obiageli

Mar 9, 2019
I've already gotten ITA and I'm declaring that I was refused an immigrant visa and also banned and I'm telling the story without hiding anything. The 60 days for submission of application after ITA is too short to start looking for an immigration lawyer. Aside from the ban, my record is clean. I heard that USA bans expire aft

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I've already gotten ITA and I'm declaring that I was refused an immigrant visa and also banned and I'm telling the story without hiding anything. The 60 days for submission of application after ITA is too short to start looking for an immigration lawyer. Aside from the ban, my record is clean. I heard that USA bans expire aft
As I said, we're not immigration lawyers, so whatever anyone replies here is speculative. But, regardless it will affect your application; to what extent nobody knows.

Just make sure you're entirely open, honest and do not misrepresent the situation. Good luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can a permanent USA ban which was given 11years ago on account of falsifying a document affect someone's chances with EE.
It will not be an issue provided you are 100% honest in your Canadian immigration application and provided you have no criminal charges related to this incident.

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
My friend lied when he applied for PR and said he wasn't ever denied a visa, but guess what? They found out because 11 countries share the immigration database with each other and you can't simply lie. But regarding how they will react on ban I am not sure but if i'm not wrong they may raise concerns depending on the nature. Try talking to Cohen's team.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can a permanent USA ban which was given 11years ago on account of falsifying a document affect someone's chances with EE.
As scylla said, provided you fully declare the ban, it is not a reason for refusal.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Has the US ban expire? You must have been informed of the date or duration. If yes, you can get record suspension that will tell you if the ban is over and valid in Canada. Do not try to hide it as Immigration staff will know when assessing your application and matching your fingerprints of the biometric during PR processing. If you gave false information or left out important details, immigration could:
a) refuse your application
b) find you inadmissible
c) bar you for 5 years from applying to come to Canada for any reason

Obiageli

Mar 9, 2019
Has the US ban expire? You must have been informed of the date or duration. If yes, you can get record suspension that will tell you if the ban is over and valid in Canada. Do not try to hide it as Immigration staff will know when assessing your application and matching your fingerprints of the biometric during PR processing. If you gave false information or left out important details, immigration could:
a) refuse your application
b) find you inadmissible
c) bar you for 5 years from applying to come to Canada for any reason
it’s a misrepresentation ban so not likely to expire. I however didn’t hide anything in my application as I stated it the way it was. I’m still waiting for PPR though

pravalika

Aug 21, 2018
it’s a misrepresentation ban so not likely to expire. I however didn’t hide anything in my application as I stated it the way it was. I’m still waiting for PPR though
did you write LOE to explain the situation? or informed it in the reason box below the statutory question in brief? Let us know once you get PR so that it will boost confidence, as I am in the same situation and going to submit the application in a week.