+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will a three year degree be equal to a full Bachelors degree in Quebec?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Hello,

I'm contemplating between Express entry and Quebec immigration since I speak French. I think I'll be harder for me to apply for express entry because of the financial requirements that applicants have to show so I think Quebec might be a better choice. I'm not sure, however, if my qualifications would be accepted.

I did a two year long Diploma from a college in Ontario and then after that I'm currently doing a one year long top-up degree from a University in the U.K. After these three years of studies and a Bachelors degree, will my qualification be considered as equal to a Quebec degree or will it be considered as a two year long diploma?

Thanks!

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
icecool222 said:
Hello,

I'm contemplating between Express entry and Quebec immigration since I speak French. I think I'll be harder for me to apply for express entry because of the financial requirements that applicants have to show so I think Quebec might be a better choice. I'm not sure, however, if my qualifications would be accepted.

I did a two year long Diploma from a college in Ontario and then after that I'm currently doing a one year long top-up degree from a University in the U.K. After these three years of studies and a Bachelors degree, will my qualification be considered as equal to a Quebec degree or will it be considered as a two year long diploma?

Thanks!

BUMP!

tathspts

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
Canada considers 16 years of study completed, to be considered it as a bachelors degree is all I know.

3 years degree makes it as 15 years, my cousin was planning on coming to canada and was told this by Universities.

I can be wrong so confirm from somewhere else.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
tathspts said:
Canada considers 16 years of study completed, to be considered it as a bachelors degree is all I know.

3 years degree makes it as 15 years, my cousin was planning on coming to canada and was told this by Universities.

I can be wrong so confirm from somewhere else.
Yeah but universities have a different criteria than permanent immigration. Maybe someone with a three year degree who applied for Quebec can confirm! PLEASE!

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
icecool222 said:
Yeah but universities have a different criteria than permanent immigration. Maybe someone with a three year degree who applied for Quebec can confirm! PLEASE!
Has anybody here applied for Quebec immigration with a three year degree? Please share your experiences!!!

Binxia

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Montreal
Hello,

What diploma are you pursuing now in UK?

Immigration Quebec will evaluate all the diplomas you will have completed since your high school studies.

ontario: 2 year program
UK: program

They will take the program that will give you the most points regarding to level of education.

They will also evaluate which of these programs will give you the most points from the List of area of trainings.

Regards,

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Hello,

What diploma are you pursuing now in UK?

Immigration Quebec will evaluate all the diplomas you will have completed since your high school studies.

ontario: 2 year program
UK: program

They will take the program that will give you the most points regarding to level of education.

They will also evaluate which of these programs will give you the most points from the List of area of trainings.

Regards,
Hi Binxia,

Thanks for replying back. The Ontario college diploma was two years long and the Bachelors top-up degree from the UK university (via distance education) is a one year long program. So total length would be three years.

Nitin260785

Mar 5, 2016
Hi Binxia,

Thanks for replying back. The Ontario college diploma was two years long and the Bachelors top-up degree from the UK university (via distance education) is a one year long program. So total length would be three years.
Hi,

I am in the same position as you.
Did 2 year diploma from 1 university, and a Top -up 1 year degree from another university = total 3 years..

I am also waiting some clarifications on this.

Lets see someone clears this.

??????

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Hi,

I am in the same position as you.
Did 2 year diploma from 1 university, and a Top -up 1 year degree from another university = total 3 years..

I am also waiting some clarifications on this.

Lets see someone clears this.

??????
Yeah I don't know how can I get it clarified. I don't think it would be helpful if I tried to call the Quebec immigration folks either. Let's hope a senior member or someone with experience can clarify it.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Yeah I don't know how can I get it clarified. I don't think it would be helpful if I tried to call the Quebec immigration folks either. Let's hope a senior member or someone with experience can clarify it.
Bumping it up again and hope to get an answer once and for all.

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Hello,

Thanks!
Bump!

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Right guys I had almost similar situation and I received equivalence to bachelor degree from Canada. more specifically I had 3 years of bachelor from UK university and it was not through distance learning nor did i do diploma with top up option.

May 16, 2017
Hi Guys,
I have done BCom, Post graduate diploma in computer applications and Master of science in information technology. Can you please let me know that does IT comes under section a of AOT ? If not, then based on this education can I able to get points in AOT ?