+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will a Register Extract be accepted in place of Marriage certificate?

beemvengat

Dec 3, 2014
India
AOR Received.
28-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
16-04-2019
I'm from India and I only have the 'True Extract of Hindu Marriage Register Kept By the Marriage Registrar Office' which doesn't have my/spouse photos. will this be accepted instead of the marriage certificate?

I need to submit my eAPR on Sep 10th. Kindly advise ASAP.

Last edited:

beemvengat

Dec 3, 2014
India
AOR Received.
28-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
16-04-2019
I spoke to the registrar and got a confirmation that this is a valid marriage proof acceptable for immigration purposes. Can someone who submitted this document as a proof and got through, pls respond.?

beemvengat

Dec 3, 2014
India
AOR Received.
28-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
16-04-2019
Hi Dhinakar, I had submitted this on 18th Nov and was keeping my fingers crossed.

Today(16th Apr) I got my Passport request. :)

To answer your question, yes it is accepted. All the best for you!

Reactions: Mr_Chang

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Dhinakar, I had submitted this on 18th Nov and was keeping my fingers crossed.

Today(16th Apr) I got my Passport request. :)

To answer your question, yes it is accepted. All the best for you!
Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I submitted the same document and was worried after reading somewhere that it caused a problem for a few applicants. Your response has given me a great amount of relief. Thank you!:)

beemvengat

Dec 3, 2014
India
AOR Received.
28-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
16-04-2019
Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I submitted the same document and was worried after reading somewhere that it caused a problem for a few applicants. Your response has given me a great amount of relief. Thank you!:)
Np Chang. All the best! :)

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
I got a request from IRCC to upload my marriage certificate. We got married in India and registered under The Hindu Marriage Act. The registrar office only provided with a document True extract of hindu marriage register kept by the marriage registrar office and not a certificate. On enquiring, they said they don't provide certificate if it was registered under The Hindu Marriage Act. I am just puzzled how to explain this to IRCC. Can you people share your experience in handling this issue?

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
I got a request from IRCC to upload my marriage certificate. We got married in India and registered under The Hindu Marriage Act. The registrar office only provided with a document True extract of hindu marriage register kept by the marriage registrar office and not a certificate. On enquiring, they said they don't provide certificate if it was registered under The Hindu Marriage Act. I am just puzzled how to explain this to IRCC. Can you people share your experience in handling this issue?
Hey there, I was the guy who posted 2-3 posts above you (but almost 20 months ago) I'm in Canada now, "the true extract of register" is sufficient proof to be submitted. You don't need to be explain anything to IRCC, just upload that document.

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
I'm totally confused because they wrote this in their request letter

" Marriage Certificate/License: Marriage/certificate(s) You have provided the marriage registration. Please provide the marriage certificate"

which I understand as they acknowledge it is an extract of the register but they want me to upload a certificate.

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
Hey there, I was the guy who posted 2-3 posts above you (but almost 20 months ago) I'm in Canada now, "the true extract of register" is sufficient proof to be submitted. You don't need to be explain anything to IRCC, just upload that document.
So when they asked you to upload marriage certificate, you just uploaded the same extract that you had already sent in the application package is it?

Praveen2430

Jun 18, 2021
Hi Guys, I need some advice is it possible to get a certificate if I have the true hindu marriage 6 page document extract? Kindly requesting to please help me out

snaptrooper

Jun 27, 2020
Hi Guys, I need some advice is it possible to get a certificate if I have the true hindu marriage 6 page document extract? Kindly requesting to please help me out
Hi Praveen,
if your marriage was registered in Tamil Nadu, you can't get a certificate. The 6 page document is the only proof of marriage. I'm not sure about other states.