+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will a PR application hamper my student visa application?

Dkanchan

Sep 1, 2014
Hi,
I am 31 years old married woman with a 3 year old son. I have been preparing for my GMAT and subsequent university/student visa applications for over an year. About a month back someone from within my family suggested that I apply for PR, as I have over 8 years work experience and qualify with over 75 points under the FSW. I took the advise and engaged with a Toronto based immigartin lawyer and I am currently arranging paper work to get my application submitted at the earliest.
Sorry for the long background info, but my question actually is this... would a rejection of my PR application (hope not though) affect my student visa application too? Of course, the idea is to not submit a student visa application if I get PR, but in case it doesnt work out then how would the visa officer treat my student visa application?
FYR - I have a strong student profile for the MBA program, have been scoring over 700 in all my prep exams and my previous education and work ex are solid as well. The reason to apply for PR was only because the process is, for lack for a better explanation, cheaper then going as a student. Once in Canada, I can use mt GMAT score and opt for an executive program.
ANy immigration experts out there who can comment/help... please do advise/suggest.