+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will a couple F's affect my PGWP?

lurimendes

Nov 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm three semesters away from graduating, but this semester I dropped the ball with two math courses. My GPA is not bad, but I was really having a hard time with those courses. At this time I believe my overall GPA is 3.10. I do have many A's and A+'s on my transcript for many courses, mostly computer science ones. One more thing I should point out is that if I get an F, when I take the course again my GPA will be replaced with the new one (but the F's will still show on my transcript).

I was wondering if the immigration is too picky with grades or if I'll be fine? This is really driving me crazy at this point.

Here is my transcript to give some context:

Thanks guys! Appreciate any help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Confused how an F doesn't mean that you have to repeat the course. I see some W which I assume are withdrawals and some semesters you seem to be only taking one course. Were you part-time during that time?

lurimendes

Nov 23, 2017
Confused how an F doesn't mean that you have to repeat the course. I see some W which I assume are withdrawals and some semesters you seem to be only taking one course. Were you part-time during that time?
If I get an F I gotta repeat the course, but my grade will be replaced by the new one. And yes, I for one semester was part-time because of a wrong advice from the college conselour. But still the college said that if I were part-time for one semester they still consider me a full-time student.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to be going to school full-time so not sure if that semester will be an issue for PGWP. There seem to be other semesters where you Ws which leaves you with 0-2 classes that semester. Not sure how that will be interpreted when you apply for PGWP. If your marks are being replaced by with a new one once you redo the course they won't even see the F. Very lucky never got to replace bad marks in my days if you had to redo a course.

lurimendes

Nov 23, 2017
Even though I have those withdraws I'm still considered full-time. They'll see the F because it continues on my transcript but the grade is replaced by the new one and it shows repeat:yes. Do you know if I need to send my transcript when applying for PGWP or just graduation letter?

Ginni009

Jan 25, 2019
Any updates on your situation OP?
Did you end up applying with both the documents or just the graduation letter?