+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Sponsorship - No Marriage Cert but only Nikah Nama

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
You used it for Visa ? I am talking about PR application .Did you had MEA attestation on it ?
it was PR case too for me. Once the application get approve you'll get one time entry visa on passport with landing papers but PR status will be active on that day when PA'll land here in Canada.

I done everything like attestation, translate from punjabi to English( Sikh temple certificate ), court marriage certificate was in english already but the real marriage certificate is registered office certificate which can check online by any embassy all over the world.

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
CIC have right to send whole package back if there is any documents missing but sometimes if the officer is nice they give you extension to submit missing documents but even if someone doesn't submit documents on request then they send whole package back & whenever you submit file again it's gonna count as first day. But if they give you extension then they don't proceed your application until you don't submit missing documents.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
it was PR case too for me. Once the application get approve you'll get one time entry visa on passport with landing papers but PR status will be active on that day when PA'll land here in Canada.

I done everything like attestation, translate from punjabi to English( Sikh temple certificate ), court marriage certificate was in english already but the real marriage certificate is registered office certificate which can check online by any embassy all over the world.
To register for a marriage you have to be present in the country because these days they have introduced the process of biometrics. Also, I have english nikah nama which clearly says marriage certificate in the heading. What if I do MEA attestation on it ? It ll prove the authenticity of the document.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
CIC have right to send whole package back if there is any documents missing but sometimes if the officer is nice they give you extension to submit missing documents but even if someone doesn't submit documents on request then they send whole package back & whenever you submit file again it's gonna count as first day. But if they give you extension then they don't proceed your application until you don't submit missing documents.
They cancelled my prev. application straight away. :-(

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
To register for a marriage you have to be present in the country because these days they have introduced the process of biometrics. Also, I have english nikah nama which clearly says marriage certificate in the heading. What if I do MEA attestation on it ? It ll prove the authenticity of the document.
Bruv this is the thing i'm trying to explain to you there is difference between registration certificate and other certificates i.e. Nikah Nama, certificate from Sikh or Hindu temple or from church. The real certificate which is valid & genuine proof of marriage is Registration certificate. Except that doesn't matter wot we do submit even after attestation or translation it's gonna count as additional paperwork cuz Nikah Nama or temple certificate comes under religious category which is normal process but embassy need that certificate which is issued by Govt according to law.

I submitted even court marriage certificate but still they asked for registration one and i had to provide.

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
They cancelled my prev. application straight away. :-(
I told you in my group there were some people who missed one signature and CIC returned whole application back. It's totally depend on officer he/ she wanna to give extension or not.

Whenver you get chance get your marriage registration certificate from your home country cuz not only for PR application even in future you need that cuz in western countries they accept only that certificate as a proof of marriage for any legal work.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Bruv this is the thing i'm trying to explain to you there is difference between registration certificate and other certificates i.e. Nikah Nama, certificate from Sikh or Hindu temple or from church. The real certificate which is valid & genuine proof of marriage is Registration certificate. Except that doesn't matter wot we do submit even after attestation or translation it's gonna count as additional paperwork cuz Nikah Nama or temple certificate comes under religious category which is normal process but embassy need that certificate which is issued by Govt according to law.

I submitted even court marriage certificate but still they asked for registration one and i had to provide.
Brother ! Thanks for your reply. I spoke to the Indian embassy here in Toronto and they said... If I have MEA attestation on my marriage certificate then they are ready for doing attestation on it. My only worry is due to Corona pandemic I am not able to travel back to India to get my marriage certificate.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I told you in my group there were some people who missed one signature and CIC returned whole application back. It's totally depend on officer he/ she wanna to give extension or not.

Whenver you get chance get your marriage registration certificate from your home country cuz not only for PR application even in future you need that cuz in western countries they accept only that certificate as a proof of marriage for any legal work.
Totally agree with you bro ! but nobody knew about this pandemic :-( I also spoke to multiple people who got PR through this.

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
Brother ! Thanks for your reply. I spoke to the Indian embassy here in Toronto and they said... If I have MEA attestation on my marriage certificate then they are ready for doing attestation on it. My only worry is due to Corona pandemic I am not able to travel back to India to get my marriage certificate.
But the flights are open now under special category & you have valid reason for travel. Rather than taking risk second time for your application prepare the documents properly & then submit it.