+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's passport expiring soon

Lionir

Mar 10, 2021
Hello everyone!
I submitted my application with my wife under Home support worker pilot program. We passed our biometrics and we are waiting for further consideration.
My wife’s passport is going to expire in 18 months. Also, my wife has a valid tourist multiple visa.
According to Home support worker program Work permit is issued for a period of 3 years.
If we receive approval from IRCC in that program visa officer will give her work permit for only 1.5 years as my wife’s passport expired in 1.5 years.
My questions are:
1. If she applies for a new passport will it be an issue for her because initially, we applied for IRCC using the old passport?
2. Does she need to transfer her visa from old passport to new?
3. If we receive approval from IRCC will IRCC issue a new visa or not because we have a tourist visa.
Thank you in advance!

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Hello everyone!
I submitted my application with my wife under Home support worker pilot program. We passed our biometrics and we are waiting for further consideration.
My wife’s passport is going to expire in 18 months. Also, my wife has a valid tourist multiple visa.
According to Home support worker program Work permit is issued for a period of 3 years.
If we receive approval from IRCC in that program visa officer will give her work permit for only 1.5 years as my wife’s passport expired in 1.5 years.
My questions are:
1. If she applies for a new passport will it be an issue for her because initially, we applied for IRCC using the old passport?
2. Does she need to transfer her visa from old passport to new?
3. If we receive approval from IRCC will IRCC issue a new visa or not because we have a tourist visa.
Thank you in advance!
Renew your wife passport asap and inform IRCC through gc key portal . Coz they will give visa till your passport validity