+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's India PCC question

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Received my ITA yesterday :)

Had a question regarding wife's PCC from India. The application is in my name and she is a dependent. For getting the PCC from India, I heard that they may ask her for document to prove why she needs the PCC. I could give her the ITA letter but that has only my name, so how will she prove it in that case?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
If her passport lists you as her spouse, then that should be reason enough. You could also clearly mention in the letter that she is required to get a PCC as a listed dependent on your application as well. In any case, if she's not already carrying it, keep a copy of the marraige cert on hand for proof of the same. Overkill, but minimizing any line of questioning on the matter from the MEA reps point of view.

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
siddharthbala said:
If her passport lists you as her spouse, then that should be reason enough. You could also clearly mention in the letter that she is required to get a PCC as a listed dependent on your application as well. In any case, if she's not already carrying it, keep a copy of the marraige cert on hand for proof of the same. Overkill, but minimizing any line of questioning on the matter from the MEA reps point of view.
Yeah, she will carry the marriage certificate. Her passport doesn't mention me as her spouse because it was issued 7 years ago, but my passport just got renewed and mentions her as my spouse. I can give her my passport copy I guess?

ashishshirke21

Oct 3, 2016
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2017
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
28-Mar-2018
They do not require any proof regarding why you require it. But my wife had a similar issue.

Both our passports do not have each other's name. She has not changed her name post marriage and the ITA was under her name.

They accept the marriage certificate as proof of marriage. You would need to provide a proof of residence and you are good to go.

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
ashishshirke21 said:
They do not require any proof regarding why you require it. But my wife had a similar issue.

Both our passports do not have each other's name. She has not changed her name post marriage and the ITA was under her name.

They accept the marriage certificate as proof of marriage. You would need to provide a proof of residence and you are good to go.
Proof of residence? So a passport copy right. I will give her my passport copy as well since my name has her listed as my spouse

ashishshirke21

Oct 3, 2016
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2017
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
28-Mar-2018
huckingfell said:
Proof of residence? So a passport copy right. I will give her my passport copy as well since my name has her listed as my spouse
Yes. That works. In our case our present address and address on passport were different for both of is. Hence the need for another proof of residence.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since your name is not in her passport as spouse, I suggest your spouse to get new passport with your name on it. It hardly takes 10 days these days to get new passport. After getting the new passport, she can easily get Indian PCC. She just needs to mention the PCC is required for Canadian immigration when she's in the PSK and no additional documentation is required.

ashishshirke21

Oct 3, 2016
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2017
AOR Received.
09-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
28-Mar-2018
We got her PCC. We just gave a letter from her organization as a proof of residence. We could not renew our passports as we are staying at a temporary address.

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
ldrbjp said:
Since your name is not in her passport as spouse, I suggest your spouse to get new passport with your name on it. It hardly takes 10 days these days to get new passport. After getting the new passport, she can easily get Indian PCC. She just needs to mention the PCC is required for Canadian immigration when she's in the PSK and no additional documentation is required.
Renewing passport will take a long time, we now have only 3 months to get documentation in place, can't go around getting passport renewed now. Let her go once and see what they say, then we will decide what to do further.

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
huckingfell said:
Renewing passport will take a long time, we now have only 3 months to get documentation in place, can't go around getting passport renewed now. Let her go once and see what they say, then we will decide what to do further.
Where are you based now, and which city is your wife going for PCC?
In Gurgaon PSK, they require spouse name on applicant's passport. Also, Passport doesn't take more than 20 days in normal process and just a week in Tatkal. You just need to mention Canada in PCC application form, but proof of current residence is required

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
SidhuZ said:
Where are you based now, and which city is your wife going for PCC?
In Gurgaon PSK, they require spouse name on applicant's passport. Also, Passport doesn't take more than 20 days in normal process and just a week in Tatkal. You just need to mention Canada in PCC application form, but proof of current residence is required
Yes, my wife has proof of current residence, it's the same as her permanent address on her passport. Based in Bangalore, wife going for PCC in Bangalore. We have lived here all our lives

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
huckingfell said:
Renewing passport takes hardly 7 to 10 days these days. And some PSKs enforce the spouse name is endorsed in the passport to handle requests like this. I had to go for passport renewal of my wife after I got ITA for this reason. Not to run into any troubles later, its always better to add your name in her passport, as you plan to take her along with you as your dependent.

Again, that's just my piece of advise and you are free to ignore :)

Reactions: adityagupta88

huckingfell

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
ldrbjp said:
Renewing passport takes hardly 7 to 10 days these days. And some PSKs enforce the spouse name is endorsed in the passport to handle requests like this. I had to go for passport renewal of my wife after I got ITA for this reason. Not to run into any troubles later, its always better to add your name in her passport, as you plan to take her along with you as your dependent.

Again, that's just my piece of advise and you are free to ignore :)
There's no trouble. We got our ITA last week, she is planning to go next week. If they refuse, then we will go for a passport renewal, will still have 2.5 months

Nov 30, 2018
Received my ITA yesterday :)

Had a question regarding wife's PCC from India. The application is in my name and she is a dependent. For getting the PCC from India, I heard that they may ask her for document to prove why she needs the PCC. I could give her the ITA letter but that has only my name, so how will she prove it in that case?
Hi,

We are having a similar situation. My husband is the primary applicant. He has received his PCC for RESIDENT PERMIT purposes , while I received my PCC for travel purposes. Is this acceptable by IRCC? Or should I get it changed for Resident permit purpose?