+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's Bank Statements List Previous US Address - Problem?

froglover

Mar 28, 2022
Hi! I'm a Canadian citizen working on an inland sponsorship application for my wife, an American. We're planning to include statements from her bank accounts and her stocks in our application. Does anyone know if it's a problem that these statements list her previous address, in the US? She's only been living in Canada with me since October 2021 and we haven't looked into updating her address with her banks yet.

Additional information: my wife's mother's name is also on both her bank accounts and the address on the accounts is her mother's current one (my wife was living with her mother when I met her.) If we include a note with the statements explaining that the US address is her mother's, whose name is also on the accounts, will that be sufficient?

Edit: We've applied for a visitor record extension and my wife is currently here on implied status.

Last edited:

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hi! I'm a Canadian citizen working on an inland sponsorship application for my wife, an American. We're planning to include statements from her bank accounts and her stocks in our application. Does anyone know if it's a problem that these statements list her previous address, in the US? She's only been living in Canada with me since October 2021 and we haven't looked into updating her address with her banks yet.

Additional information: my wife's mother's name is also on both her bank accounts and the address on the accounts is her mother's current one (my wife was living with her mother when I met her.) If we include a note with the statements explaining that the US address is her mother's, whose name is also on the accounts, will that be sufficient?
I personally think if you explain the address is her mom's who is on the account as well it should be fine. Also if your wife is in Canada on some sort of visitor status then the explanation of "she's just visiting me in Canada therefore her bank accounts still have her US address" is very reasonable.

Reactions: froglover

froglover

Mar 28, 2022
I personally think if you explain the address is her mom's who is on the account as well it should be fine. Also if your wife is in Canada on some sort of visitor status then the explanation of "she's just visiting me in Canada therefore her bank accounts still have her US address" is very reasonable.
Thank you very much! Yes, also - we've applied for a visitor record extension and she's currently here on implied status. Sorry I forgot to include that in my original question!