+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Tourist Visa , i am on Business Visa

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Hi,

I am from India and is planning to travel on Business Visa for 1 month to Canada from mid-march and I my company said it will get processed within 2 weeks. Post visa they will book flight and hotel

I was planning to book Tourist Visa for my wife on my own expenses for period of 1 month.She is not working but has required financial amount money in Fixed Deposit and in Current bank account .

Can you help me on below queries
1) Should i apply for my visa and once I get my visa , then only I should apply for her visa ? (Downside is i am planning to travel in Mid March and also for 1 month only)

2) Can I apply for her Tourist visa without booking tickets and hotel. I am planning to mention in my cover letter that I am travelling on business visa and I will sponsor her hotel / tickets and can attach copy of my Visa application .

3) What are chances of rejection if hotel and flight tickets are not provided ? Are they must ? While travelling to UK last year she got visa without submitting flight/hotel tickets.

4) What is current tentative timelines for Tourist Visa approval from India ?

Thanks,
milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

my company said it will get processed within 2 weeks.
There is no guarantee that TRVs will be processed in 1 week or 2 weeks.

Do refer to the estimated processing time on the IRCC website as a guide. However, actual processing time can be faster or take longer than this.

1) Should i apply for my visa and once I get my visa , then only I should apply for her visa ? (Downside is i am planning to travel in Mid March and also for 1 month only)
You are being very optimistic if you apply for your business TRV in the first week of March.... and you plan to travel by mid-March.

Do you have a valid US visa? Or have you visited the US/Canada in the last 10 years?

A word of caution:
A 1-month's visit may not seem like a business visit. Instead, it may look like you're coming to Canada to work. This is illegal even if you are paid in India for the efforts/work done in Canada.

2) Can I apply for her Tourist visa without booking tickets and hotel. I am planning to mention in my cover letter that I am travelling on business visa and I will sponsor her hotel / tickets and can attach copy of my Visa application .
It's not advisable to buy plane tickets/pay for hotel until visas are issued. You can include provisional bookings/flight itineraries for your wife.

3) What are chances of rejection if hotel and flight tickets are not provided ? Are they must ? While travelling to UK last year she got visa without submitting flight/hotel tickets.
Like I've mentioned above, hotel bookings/flight tickets are not necessary when you apply for a Canada TRV.

Your wife can leverage her UK visit. It would help if she had visited the UK for a very short stay. Has she visited the US/Schengen countries/Australia/Japan?

She is not working but has required financial amount money in Fixed Deposit and in Current bank account .
Does she have liquid cash i.e adequate bank balance to afford her visit (without borrowing from anyone)?

Are these FDs locked-in or can they be liquidated if required?

If she has a current bank account then does she own an actively trading business/company?

Your wife can apply separately at the same time when you apply for your visa.

Apart from a good financial situation, you and your wife must be able to demonstrate strong ties to India: Property/land ownership, family ties, previous travel history, etc

Cheers

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks for prompt response. Yes me and my wife have visited 8 years back to US and both of us hold US visa (Mine is business and her is Tourist) which are valid for next 1 year

My key challenge is if I travel during Mid March for 1 month (Got invite letter from company ) till 16th April , will my wife Visa be ready till March end as then she can spend 2 weeks with me.

Also do I need to give reference of my application in her application or it will only delay the processing of her visa.

Thanks,
Milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes me and my wife have visited 8 years back to US and both of us hold US visa (Mine is business and her is Tourist) which are valid for next 1 year
Both of you can apply under the CAN+ program. You must mention this in the cover letter + scan the US visa + entry stamps

My key challenge is if I travel during Mid March for 1 month (Got invite letter from company ) till 16th April , will my wife Visa be ready till March end as then she can spend 2 weeks with me.
Processing time will vary from application to application. If you're applying under CAN+ then it's possible that both of your applications will be processed faster.

Both of you can submit your applications together. You for a Business TRV, your wife for tourism.

Also do I need to give reference of my application in her application or it will only delay the processing of her visa.
Yes, for both of your applications, you must state that you are traveling together. This question is part of the form

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks for your response , I was under wrong impression that Can+ is applicable only for H1B /L1 visa holders but now I am clear it can be done for Tourist visa as well and traveled in last 10 years

One more query on "Yes, for both of your applications, you must state that you are traveling together. This question is part of the form"

I had to travel on 17th March due to meeting and my invite letter starts from 17th march but my wife may not be able to travel on 17th incase her visa does not get processed in 2-3 weeks time

In that case what should be correct approach
A) I and she should both mention that we are travelling together.
B) In her cover letter my wife can mention "My husband will be travelling on 17th March and I will travel with him together if I get visa by 17th March otherwise I will join him later as I get my visa"
C) Do not mention anything in Visa application for on travelling together

One Last Query :
In my wife's travel iternanry should it mention day wise what she will be visiting or can put generic places that we plan to visit :
On weekdays, my husband will continue to go to work while I stay at his house and will be visiting places around Edmonton. On weekends, we plan on taking a weekend trip to Lake Louis Lake ,Sylvan Lake with my husband and during long weekend of 14th April we plan to visit Vancouver
(Will include more places in iternary but challenging to give day wise iternary )

Thanks,
Milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
In that case what should be correct approach
A) I and she should both mention that we are travelling together.
B) In her cover letter my wife can mention "My husband will be travelling on 17th March and I will travel with him together if I get visa by 17th March otherwise I will join him later as I get my visa"
C) Do not mention anything in Visa application for on travelling together
Both of you must mention this in the cover letter + the Family Information form (which asks if the family member will accompany you to Canada).

Your wife must mention that she will travel with you/travel later because you will support her visit financially.

(Will include more places in iternary but challenging to give day wise iternary )
Both you and your wife must prepare day-by-day itineraries with expense estimates..... and prove that you can pay for the visit with your own finances.

You must prove why you need a business visit of one month.

Your wife must prove that she is genuinely visiting for tourism purposes for one month (if she travels with you)

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Today I went to apply for my wife's Tourist visa but the person mentioned that CAN+ program and normal processing are taking 22 working days these days , which is almost a month

Now i am confused if I should apply for her visa or not as the return date is confirmed to be 16 Apr and with 1 month processing time I think we can get max 8-10 days of overlap in April

Thanks,
Milind

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
Mine TRV is still under progress. I was planning to submit both application at same time but as company visa processing unit says it will take 4 weeks to process for my wife application and mentioned CAN+ is not processing faster compared to normal. VFS Global shows 22 days processing time

So I have now submitted only my TRV. I wish I could have submitted my wife's application and she gets visa by 24th march

Thanks,
Milind

Milind31

Feb 14, 2017
I am not able to take call if I should submit my wife's TRV by Thursday 9th March and if she can get visa by 24th March.

Kindly advise

Thanks,
Milind

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
When did you submit your application? Did you apply online or paper submission?

To reiterate: Processing times are not fixed dates within which decisions are made on TRV applications