Pre-APR
Med's Done....
Pre-APR
Passport Req..
1-Mar-2017
LANDED..........
01-06-2017
Hello all PNP PR applicants,

I have been nominated through SINP and currently preparing for PR application docs. I have tried to search through forum but did not get any complete answer, one of the member has helped but due to he was not from India so little different process he has done.

My wife surname was different before marriage so in mark-sheets she has old surname and after marriage she is following my surname so in passport she has new surname.In My PR application they need proof of legal name change doc.

So what is the eligible document of the same ? Will marriage certificate suffice or do I need to get any other document. If someone has faced such issue then please help me specially in India as getting gazette is lengthy process.

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
gaurang.parmar said:

I have been nominated through SINP and currently preparing for PR application docs. I have tried to search through forum but did not get any complete answer, one of the member has helped but due to he was not from India so little different process he has done.

My wife surname was different before marriage so in mark-sheets she has old surname and after marriage she is following my surname so in passport she has new surname.In My PR application they need proof of legal name change doc.

So what is the eligible document of the same ? Will marriage certificate suffice or do I need to get any other document. If someone has faced such issue then please help me specially in India as getting gazette is lengthy process.
Yes a legal marriage certificate shld be good. In addition, there is a change of name advert that pple do here in my country (Nigeria) where ur wife will announce to the public (on a national newspaper) of her new surname while all formal docs with old surname still remain valid.

InUkCa

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Draw 10 | LAA: 28 Nov 15 | MPNP:24 Jan 16 | SP2: 7 Feb16 | SP2 Resubmission : 15 Feb 16 | Received Status: 22 Feb 16 | CIC: 31 Aug 16
Doc's Request.
SP2 : To resubmit 15 Jan 16
Nomination.....
Assessment Pending: 8 July 16 | SP2 Interview: 21 July 16 | Applicant Interview: 27 July 2016 | Assessment in process: 28 July 16 | Assessment Complete: 2 August 2016 | Nomination Letter (LOA): 11 August 2016
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2016(XEP to EP), 28 Dec 2016
File Transfer...
28 Dec 2016
Med's Done....
05 Jan 2017 (passed)
Passport Req..
16 Feb 2017 (Passport sent on 23 Feb 2017)
VISA ISSUED...
14 March 2017
LANDED..........
25 March 2017
gaurang.parmar said:

I also have similar situation, rather worse.
Applicant (my self):
1.1 No surname in education documents.
1.2 Surname added in passport (I remember inserting advert in newspaper and furnishing affidavit - but unfortunately do not have them now).

Dependent (Wife)
2.1 No surname in education documents.
2.2 Paternal surname in 1st Indian passport (before marriage).
2.3 Paternal surname on marriage certificate. (The name as on passport was used and as such paternal surname).
2.4 Paternal surname on birth certificate of 1st child. (The name as on passport was used and as such paternal surname).
2.5 Matrimonial surname used on 2nd Indian passport (I think she submitted an affidavit but unfortunately do not have copy of it).
2.6 Matrimonial surname on birth certificate of 2nd child (The name as on passport was used and as such matrimonial surname).

I do not know what to do, but thinking of submitting an affidavit.