+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Study visa at age 40

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
My wife have B.Com degree (from INDIA 2002)and she is now 40. She is planning to study in "Bakery and Pastry Diploma-2 Year Course" in canada. What are the documents needed for admission and study visa? Can we get study visa and spouse open work visa same time? Is it acceptable to study at this age as there is no work experience. She was house wife.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife have B.Com degree (from INDIA 2002)and she is now 40. She is planning to study in "Bakery and Pastry Diploma-2 Year Course" in canada. What are the documents needed for admission and study visa? Can we get study visa and spouse open work visa same time? Is it acceptable to study at this age as there is no work experience. She was house wife.
Chances of visa rejections are high. To get approved, she needs to show education progression on B.Com (applying for a diploma requiring only secondary) and then career advancement (job opportunities with higher pay) to justify costs. She cannot show either of those. Program makes no sense and she doesn’t need to study for a bakery and pastry course in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What work experience does she have? Does she have work experience in the bakery / pastry field?

Reactions: Vijay61179

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Chances of visa rejections are high. To get approved, she needs to show education progression on B.Com (applying for a diploma requiring only secondary) and then career advancement (job opportunities with higher pay) to justify costs. She cannot show either of those. Program makes no sense and she doesn’t need to study for a bakery and pastry course in Canada.
She was doing home business to make and supply cakes and pasties. There is no experience certificate. What is the suggestion to study in this field?

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
What work experience does she have? Does she have work experience in the bakery / pastry field?
She doesnt have work experience as she was doing home business to make and supply cakes and pasties. What is the suggestion to study in this field?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She doesnt have work experience as she was doing home business to make and supply cakes and pasties. What is the suggestion to study in this field?
So why cannot she study in her home country? She has a B.Comm so need to take a post graduate program. Without having work experience in the field, she needs to show what career she plans to have following the certificate to justify the costs.

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
So why cannot she study in her home country? She has a B.Comm so need to take a post graduate program. Without having work experience in the field, she needs to show what career she plans to have following the certificate to justify the costs.
She wants to develop business in home country after advancing the skill in bakery and pastry. Cost of study and future funds are available to show for visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there a way she can prove that she has a few years of experience through this home business? Business incorporation documents or invoices or tax returns or something like that?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She wants to develop business in home country after advancing the skill in bakery and pastry. Cost of study and future funds are available to show for visa.

So a pastry and bakery program that is not a post grad program doesn’t focus on setting up a business. She should be taking an entrepreneur program. She needs to show that she had a home business (registration, clients, receipts, taxes) and wants to expand her business. If she already supplied cakes and pastries then she has that knowledge. And she needs to justify why she needs to take an entrepreneur program in Canada which is based on Canadian rules and regulations.

Last edited:

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Is there a way she can prove that she has a few years of experience through this home business? Business incorporation documents or invoices or tax returns or something like that?
Actually we are living in Saudi Arabia and there is no such documents to prove that home business. What is the option to go for study visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually we are living in Saudi Arabia and there is no such documents to prove that home business. What is the option to go for study visa?
Coming from a 3rd country makes getting a temporary more difficult. Given that she has been a stay at home mother there will be questions as to why she is wanting to go to school at this point.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As stated, she needs a program that builds on her B.Comm so a post grad program. Given she has no work experience, not living in country of citizenship and no proof of running a business then her chances are low. She needs to show career progression in a field that she intends to work in. Coming to Canada makes no sense and looks like trying to immigrate which isn’t guaranteed given her profile (no work experience).

Vijay61179

Dec 22, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
As stated, she needs a program that builds on her B.Comm so a post grad program. Given she has no work experience, not living in country of citizenship and no proof of running a business then her chances are low. She needs to show career progression in a field that she intends to work in. Coming to Canada makes no sense and looks like trying to immigrate which isn’t guaranteed given her profile (no work experience).
I have B.Tech with 20 years experience and if i try for Master or Post graduation in my field, Is it giving high chance for getting study visa and spouse as open work permit? Can i get both visa on same time?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have B.Tech with 20 years experience and if i try for Master or Post graduation in my field, Is it giving high chance for getting study visa and spouse as open work permit? Can i get both visa on same time?
Are you trying to immigrate? Seems like that is your intent if now you want a study permit. IRCC will know it if you are given your age and education. If this is so, studying in Canada at your age doesn’t guarantee PR so need to decide if willing to spend all that money and then have to return to home country.

Again, you need to show education and career progression. You need to show that a MBA or post grad will give you higher pay/promotion in home country to justify costs. SOWP is not guaranteed.