+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wife stole $4500 and still treating to take PR away

tim271

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
hello every one we got married in 2007 in canada got pr in feb 2011 my friend visit us from norway and he try to buy some SUV here but when he was going b/cos he can not get a good one he left $8000 with me that i should help him to get a nice one then he will send the money to ship it after i got the suv last monday i was surpose to traviel to europe when i told my friend i havent see any good suv for him he told me i should help him to bring the money to europe that he will collect it from me i went to the bank to take the money out and take it home on money when i was about to go to the airport i went to were the mony was kept when i count the money i found that someone as been there the peason as put 1$ in the middle of $100 she taken some of the $100 note and exchange it with $1 note and she put the $1 note in the middle of the $100 so that i will think all the money is still $100 note so she take out 45 pices of $100 note and exchange it with $1 note when i told here what happen we stated looking for the money together she told me i should go back to the bank and ask them may be the bank made mistake i went to the bank and the bank told me the money was complet that i shoulod go home and look for it i went back home i told her what the bank told me she told me i should go back again and ask them they should show me the denomination i went back the secound time and the back show me the recipet i saw that the money was complet and i sing for it, i leter told here to help me to cancel the ticket then she did help to cancel the ticket and the ticket cost $1500 letter we then found out that she was the one that stole the money then i went to here pastor to repot the case to the pastor the pastor went to her and take the money from her now she was treating me that when i go for my vacation she will cancel my PR befor i cam back please help

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Your wife has no power to take your PR away. She may report you to CIC, but it will be up to them to investigate her report and do something about it.

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hmm, that is terrible! All you can do is continue to be nice to her- you dont want her to screw you over...women are capable of doing the unimaginable so just be nice :)

tim271

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
thanks livin and CharlieD10 she try to put up a fight yesterday monning i have to live the house since yesterday

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It is a sad situation, but she cannot take your PR away. Even if she divorces you, you are still a PR of Canada. If she reports you to CIC and tells them you committed marriage fraud, well, they don't usually do anything, and it is unlikely they will believe her.

tim271

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
i dont think they will belive her if she told them is fraud bcos we been married and been living in the same house since 2007

tim271

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
hello everyone she call me today and tell me b/cos i didnt s stay with her for 2 years when i got my PR she can still cancel it but we have been married since 2007 and we have been livin together since then i got my PR last year and the law stated this year can that stiil affect me please help

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
The two year conditional PR proposal has not been enacted in law so it does not apply to you.

It is not clear whether it will apply retrospectively to people already granted PR when it is enacted but I suspect it would not.

The two year conditional PR is proposed to apply to those who haven't already lived together for two years at the time PR is granted, so it seems like this would not apply to you even if it had been enacted as you had already lived with her for two years prior to activating your PR status.

In short, she still cannot have your PR cancelled.

CHAND394

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Doc's Request.
June-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-2011
Med's Request
Jun-2012
Med's Done....
Jul-2012
Interview........
ALHUMDULILALLAH, Waived
Passport Req..
Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH, Jun-2013
tim271 said:
hello every one we got married in 2007 in canada got pr in feb 2011 my friend visit us from norway and he try to buy some SUV here but when he was going b/cos he can not get a good one he left $8000 with me that i should help him to get a nice one then he will send the money to ship it after i got the suv last monday i was surpose to traviel to europe when i told my friend i havent see any good suv for him he told me i should help him to bring the money to europe that he will collect it from me i went to the bank to take the money out and take it home on money when i was about to go to the airport i went to were the mony was kept when i count the money i found that someone as been there the peason as put 1$ in the middle of $100 she taken some of the $100 note and exchange it with $1 note and she put the $1 note in the middle of the $100 so that i will think all the money is still $100 note so she take out 45 pices of $100 note and exchange it with $1 note when i told here what happen we stated looking for the money together she told me i should go back to the bank and ask them may be the bank made mistake i went to the bank and the bank told me the money was complet that i shoulod go home and look for it i went back home i told her what the bank told me she told me i should go back again and ask them they should show me the denomination i went back the secound time and the back show me the recipet i saw that the money was complet and i sing for it, i leter told here to help me to cancel the ticket then she did help to cancel the ticket and the ticket cost $1500 letter we then found out that she was the one that stole the money then i went to here pastor to repot the case to the pastor the pastor went to her and take the money from her now she was treating me that when i go for my vacation she will cancel my PR befor i cam back please help
So sad

JasonKenny

Mar 21, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2012
File Transfer...
March 2012
tim271 said:

but it seems like you are in a bizarre situation ......................... Firstly , After paying for shipping and custom duty , I don't think your friend will save much on the car , not to mention there will be no dealer provided power train warranty even if its used car.
Secondly, why your friend traveling with such a large amount of cash ? if he is sending you the shipping cost after , he could have sent you the entire amount using wire transfer at the same time I guess ??

Did you buy a 1500$ ticket to return $8000 ? (If the ticket was not non-refundable you should get some money back) shouldn't you be take your wife with you in vacation ??

I am not taking anyone's side here...probably you did not describe the situation well ............. and don't worry ..... I don't think there is any law yet that can cancel your PR in Canada...........

tim271

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
thanks JasonKenny my friend is our family friend he always stay with us any time he came to canada and second am not going on vacation am just going to see my son and sing costody paper for is mum since am not there my friend and my soon live in the same country and he ask me to bring is money with me when am coming

willy0275

Apr 18, 2012
Well, Tim, the story with the 8000$ is very strange and it's a situation you should have avoided from the start. Your friend gives you $8000 cash and you keep it hidden in the house? Also, there are no $1 notes in Canada, so it is US money?

Anyway, let's fast forward with the wife stealing from you. As others said, she can't do anything about your PR. But if the story is as you said, she's really not very smart. She has to SPONSOR you for three years. She is required to pay for your basic needs. By stealing money from you, she is actually stealing money from herself. You could hurt her badly financially.