none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
osun said:
Yes i have a lawyer,but he was looking like a fool,could not argue any word with the imm officer.
If you're not happy with your lawyer, you should get a different one.

You can look on Canlii for cases similar to yours but in which the applicant won their appeal. Then use that lawyer, if he's near your city.

I doubt that there is anyone on this forum who has much experience with the kinds of issues you are facing. Few of us have dealt with immigration officers as hostile as you describe.

What is clear is that you are past the point where CIC will look at your case in a normal way, where they are interested in making the correct decision under the law. Instead, they are looking for every possible way to reject your application. The only way you can deal with this is to fight back using the law. And for this, you need an expert to help you.

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
ThanK that releived me that i have passed thru that stage that cic will revoked my pr card.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
osun said:
I dont know how to use this site to send personal message
@ Osun when u log on check where u have inbox click on it and send the message to the person.
send me your phone nos so we can talk.
Dan

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
citizen application

I have recently submitted canadian citizenship application WHICH i have received the AOR and is already inprocess.Can i travel for too months to another country?

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
My wife received a phone call today 18sep,2013 from the embassy in Accra ghana office.The lady officer asked her when did you see your husband last,my wife answer them 2011.The officer told her thank you,this is all i want to confirm.Guys is this a positive or negative side.Iam so scared.can some one give any experience like that.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
osun said:
My wife received a phone call today 18sep,2013 from the embassy in Accra ghana office.The lady officer asked her when did you see your husband last,my wife answer them 2011.The officer told her thank you,this is all i want to confirm.Guys is this a positive or negative side.Iam so scared.can some one give any experience like that.
@ Osun, can u send me ur phone nos so I can call u send it via pm or my email lnd_dan@yahoo.com I need to talk with u.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
So, basically, she told them that she had not seen you since you were first married in 2011?

Hmm...

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
osun said:
@Osun any update after the call from CIC to ur wife? am sure Cic will send you a mail days after the call.
send me your nos so I can help u.
dan

M

mikeymyke

osun said:
IMO, this is very bad, because it shows you and your wife haven't seen each other in 2 years, which gives the impression you guys are not serious with each other, and its not a genuine marriage. I've read many refusal cases where the VOs always look unfavorably towards couples who don't visit each other often.

You can't say that you couldn't afford to travel so much, but you were able to give $20,000 to her mother, so you can't say you weren't able to save $2000 to go visit your wife. It will look very bad.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
At the same time, it is also unfair for an officer to look at it unfavorably because 1) there may be financial constraints and 2) his wife is not likely to be granted a visitor visa.

@Osun... I think you should have gotten a lawyer to help you the second time you applied. Going back to Nigeria gave them the impression that you no longer feared for your life. Perhaps, it may be helpful to discuss what changed to make you feel safe enough to go there with your lawyer and see how you can address that.

As for the alleged comments made by the ADR officer, if that happened, I would have reported the comments to your member of parliament in writing and explain how it made you feel.

mikeymyke said:
IMO, this is very bad, because it shows you and your wife haven't seen each other in 2 years, which gives the impression you guys are not serious with each other, and its not a genuine marriage. I've read many refusal cases where the VOs always look unfavorably towards couples who don't visit each other often.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
SenoritaBella said:
@ Osun... I think you should have gotten a lawyer to help you the second time you applied. Going back to Nigeria gave them the impression that you no longer feared for your life. Perhaps, it may be helpful to discuss what changed to make you feel safe enough to go there with your lawyer and see how you can address that.
Funnily enough, I raised that point and it was studiously ignored by the OP.

zardoz said:
I suppose it is possible that as the OP did in fact go back to the country that he WAS claiming refugee status from, they may be considering that it WAS originally a fraudulent claim. This might have an impact on any new application processing. They may be wondering what has changed that he now feels safe to return...

M

mikeymyke

SenoritaBella said:
At the same time, it is also unfair for an officer to look at it unfavorably because 1) there may be financial constraints and 2) his wife is not likely to be granted a visitor visa.

@ Osun... I think you should have gotten a lawyer to help you the second time you applied. Going back to Nigeria gave them the impression that you no longer feared for your life. Perhaps, it may be helpful to discuss what changed to make you feel safe enough to go there with your lawyer and see how you can address that.

As for the alleged comments made by the ADR officer, if that happened, I would have reported the comments to your member of parliament in writing and explain how it made you feel.
But there can't be financial constraints because the VO saw that he was able to save up $20,000 to send to his mom-in-law, so why can't save just $2000 to visit his wife? And of course his wife likely wont get a visitor visa, but that shouldn't have stopped him from going to see his wife himself, because someone who could save up $20,000, should have no problem saving $2000 to see his wife, which he hasn't done for 2 years (even just 1 year is plenty of time to save $ to go visit).

Funnily enough, I raised that point and it was studiously ignored by the OP.
Sometimes its not easy to hear the truth.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I hear you but I doubt the $20,000 was not in one go though, likely in small installments over time. I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt in this area because I have been there before and naturally, my own dreams and aspirations took a back seat. This is not a concept anyone who hasn't been in those shoes(or with a similar culture) can understand. When you have experienced struggle(which the average African has at some point in their life), sacrifice is inborn and the things others place so much value in don't matter to you.

It is therefore not uncommon to see an African couple who live in 2 different parts of the world, don't see each other for 5 or 10 years but that's a choice they have made in other to provide a better future for their family. Their relationship is ongoing nonetheless. I have relatives who live this way. A bureaucrat does not understand that, so an applicant needs to address it in their application.

mikeymyke said:
But there can't be financial constraints because the VO saw that he was able to save up $20,000 to send to his mom-in-law, so why can't save just $2000 to visit his wife? And of course his wife likely wont get a visitor visa, but that shouldn't have stopped him from going to see his wife himself, because someone who could save up $20,000, should have no problem saving $2000 to see his wife, which he hasn't done for 2 years (even just 1 year is plenty of time to save $ to go visit).

Sometimes its not easy to hear the truth.