30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
hello pls inform.
I am pr and my wife is student on student permit since 2009 and her permit will exp in march 2012 we are both in canada married and living together. i filed for sponsorship-inland. this is the time line

-file received by cic vigreville june 2011. the whole kit from med to police check to pr appl
-received letter to do undertaking with micc quebec sept 2011
-qsc/csq received oct 2011 and micc transmitted decision to cic vigreville so they can cont with the process
-now i am just waiting for perhaps aip/fist stage approval which may be in 10-11 months from june 2011.

now my concern is about my wife status being expired by the time we get aip and we did nt send any open work permt appl with our appl nor any request to extend her study permit. my wife still wouldnt finish her study before march 2012 as i adv her to wait or take 1 or 2 classes a session as it's exp for her the school until she get her pr and be eligible for resident fee.

note that the importance is not her school or study permt but anything that can be done to be within status during sponsorship paper in progress.

should i be worried about her status? if yes, what can we do. should we ask for extension on her study permit (knowing that she misses some sessions or wasnt attending full time) or switch to visitor when time comes or just do owp. pls let me know as i dont think its that worrysome.

note: if some detail missing well assume it does not apply.

linleon329

Nov 8, 2012
Hi

What did you do after you poste this message?
I am in the same situation as yours. We just receive and send the CSQ to CIC at the end of Feb. My wife's student visa is expired at the end of march. She send the online application to extend her visa and as a off campus working permit (she will ask post-graduation work permit in June). So far we didn't receive any news from CIC regarding her visa and I just wonder is no bad news is good news and maybe the processing time is just long.......

Can you let me know what did you do?

Thanks