+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wife sponsorship and (TRV or TRP)

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
Dear All,

I am a PR of Canada living and working in Dubai/UAE, i will travel to Canada for good coming April 2013 with my wife who has a TRV, and once I land I shall start sponsor her from inland and my questions are:

1- What is the different between TRV and TRP? Is it better to obtain for her a TRP from the Canadian embassy in UAE or just use her TRV and enter Canada normally then sponsor her?

2- If the immigration officer at the airport asks my wife, the reason of visit? What she will say? Coming for visit or she should say the truth that she is coming so her husband will sponsor her from inland(that is me:)??

3- She is pregnant but she doesn’t look like pregnant yet because she is in her early months, if the officer asks her, are you pregnant? What she should say? YES i am pregnant and I am coming with my husband so he can sponger me from inland, or she should say NO am not ?

I am leaving with my wife together and want to be straight forward with the immigration officers at the airport, is this ok? Shall I say the truth or their will be lots of complication and they may deny her entry?

I am resigning from Dubai and leave permanently, so I need to plan accordingly.

Please help with your advices.

Thanks

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
It is never good to lie, you should alway say truth. But if you are not asked for something don't try to act over smart and tell them things that they did not asked.

Like I am coming here to apply for inland, most probably if she say's that, Visa officer can refuse her entry. Because a visit visa is to visit and go back to the country where you came from, if you put doubt in the mind of officer he will refuse the entry. What you do after is your personal choice, you are at first coming to visit Canada. That is what I would say.

Next I don't think any visa officer will ask any women if she is pregnant, he/she is visa officer not a doctor lolzzz, even if she is pregnant what that go to do with the TRV ? I really don't understand why are your asking and worrying about her being pregnant.

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
thank you pardesifr

Yes, i will not give more than the information required, if they ask my wife with the reason of visit then she shall say (( I am coming with my husband so he can sponsor me from Inland)) and she will not say she is coming only for a visit.

for the pregnancy issue, because i heard some people are coming to Canada just to deliver the baby there, but for me i want to settle down and permanently with my wife, and not my intention to deliver the baby and return back.

can you help me with understanding the difference between TRP and TRV please?

thanx again.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
TRP is temporary resident permit which mean the person can get rights as a resident, like working, health if allowed etc. Normaly it is for persoen who were not admisable to enter Canada (a family memeber) more info here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5554ETOC.asp
TRV is Visit Visa (tourist).

I repeat because I think you have not understood what I said. If your wife say on arrival that she is coming to apply for Inland , she will most probably refused to enter. A vist visa i s visit visa which mean you have to convince the Officer that on expiry of visa you will go back, but if you say straight forward I am palling to apply and stay here how do you want the officer to issue your wife the visa ?

It is not that she has already a visa on Passport that automatically she can come in, oat airport Visa officer can refuse it and you have to go back.

canadadubai

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
thank you

ill take your advice regarding the reason of visit. meanwhile ill check the link and check if it is possible to obtain the TRP and enter with a TRP instead of TRV which it is for visit purpose only.

thanks