+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife primary applicant and we expecting our baby

Jasshah

Nov 30, 2017
Hi
I have a question related to EE.
Here my wife is the PA and we are expecting our baby in the month of May'18.

1) So in case we apply in Jan and get the ITA then how can we include our baby which is not born in the application?

2) Talking about another scenerio is is possible that me and my wife get the PR visa before the child birth and then get this PR afterwards?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Once your baby is born you can raise a CSE to update your family composition and add him/her to your application.
2 - You would have to sponsor your child which can take up to a year (assuming child is born outside of Canada). Think about what approach works best for you.

Jasshah

Nov 30, 2017
Can you let me know the process to raise CSE request and add my child after his/her birth?

1) So if the birth is in May so it is advisable to make Express Entry in March as 90 days we get after getting ITA?

2) Or i can make the Express Entry login and in case i get the ITA we can have medical without X-Ray since in pregnancy that is not advisable, so in that case how much more time does we will get for the next medical to be done? In this case will the ITA remain valid or again we will be pushed to the EE Pool and we need to wait for a fresh draw?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - No, you are free to submit your application in January and you can always update your application during its processing by raising a CSE https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx - even if your application is approved and receive your COPR you can still add your child as long as you do not finish the landing procedure.

2 - Again, you can submit your application after receiving an ITA, just write a letter of explanation stating that the x-rays were deferred as your wife is currently pregnant.

Jasshah

Nov 30, 2017
1 - No, you are free to submit your application in January and you can always update your application during its processing by raising a CSE https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx - even if your application is approved and receive your COPR you can still add your child as long as you do not finish the landing procedure.

Ok so this means even if i get the mine and my wife PR visa then also we can add our baby by raising a CSE i.e. we need to add before landing in canada.

2 - Again, you can submit your application after receiving an ITA, just write a letter of explanation stating that the x-rays were deferred as your wife is currently pregnant.
Ok Here if i write such a letter after how many days my wife need to revisit for completing the X-ray.
And will be again pushed into the pool or our ITA will hold good?

Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Here if i write such a letter after how many days my wife need to revisit for completing the X-ray.
And will be again pushed into the pool or our ITA will hold good?

Thanks
Your first question is something you'd have to ask your clinic.

Your ITA is irrelevant once you have submitted your application, your application will begin its processing but your spouses' medicals will be put on hold until you provide the x-rays.

Jasshah

Nov 30, 2017
Ok thanks will check with my clinic

And about the CSE can I add my baby even after getting my wife and mine PR visa I.e before landing in canada I can do it anytime or I need to add before getting the PR visa from embassy ?