+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife pregnant while waiting for PPR after medical

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife is 3 months pregnant, due in August 2012 and we did our medical a month ago and waiting for PPR.
If we get the visa by May, we might manage to land and get the OHIP by the time of the delivery, but we might be pushing our luck.
If the visa was delayed, then she will have to deliver the new baby in our home country.
What are the consequences if we do that?
Should we
1. inform our VO prior to PPR about my wife's pregnancy,
2. or wait till we receive our PPR then inform them?
3. Or wait until she delivers then Inform them?

I don't want delay our process at this stage, at the same time I would like to know what are my options if we have our child in our home country after PPR is issued(before landing)can we add our new born without sponsoring him and causing any delays to our process?

Any help or feedback on this subject is highly appreciated

Regards
Guss

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suppose if you don't add the child and just go and land on your PR visa, leaving your wife for child birth, before the baby was born, you will be considered guilty of misrepresentation. Later when you try to sponsor the baby for PR, you will be denied and you could lose your PR status.

Therefore, you must notify the visa office, that you anticipate a family composition change. Also mention the due date of your wife's delivery.

When the child born before landing, the child, being your new family member, must be added to your application. You can send the birth certificate and mention that the PP copy will be sent later up on receipt.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Wilson for your reply.
fYi my wife is the principal applicant, and we all have to land together.
Plus if the baby is born in Canada , he will get the passport right away, no need for any sponsorship correct ?
And at the same time I cannot add or inform my VO about an unborn child until after the delivery, were I have to submit the birth certificate.

Does this change your view on the situation?
Unfortunately cic website has no info about pregnancy prior to landing.

Thanks again for reply much apprecited.
Regards
Guss

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D If you could get PR visa earlier before her 8th month of pregnancy, you both can land and your wife could give birth in Canada.
No need the formalities as the child will be a Canadian citizen automatically. Consider your wife should have 3 months waiting time after landing for OHIP.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wilson,
Thanks again for your prompt reply.
So at this stage there is no need to inform VO of anything correct?
But if the PPR was delayed, and we decided to have the delivery in home country after visa issued and prior to landing. can we add the newborn to our application even after our visa was issued?
How do we handle this scenario? do they re-issue a new visas for the whole family, or they just give us an additional Visa for the new born and we can still land within the 1 year period prior to Medical expiration?

Thanks again

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj said:
Wilson,
Thanks again for your prompt reply.
So at this stage there is no need to inform VO of anything correct?
But if the PPR was delayed, and we decided to have the delivery in home country after visa issued and prior to landing. can we add the newborn to our application even after our visa was issued?
How do we handle this scenario? do they re-issue a new visas for the whole family, or they just give us an additional Visa for the new born and we can still land within the 1 year period prior to Medical expiration?

Thanks again
You are welcome.

There is 6 months for the due date. So safe air travel is within next 4 months. You have to obtain medical certificate for your wife to travel from her 8th month. That depends on her health condition.

Do you think that Damascus/Warsaw will issue the PR visa within the safe time?. If so, you can wait for passport request.
If you got the passport request late and if you are doubtful about making a landing well before the delivery, you need not send the passports. Send a letter to the VO stating the situation and you would like to add a child after the delivery of the child.

However, my suggestion is that, consider the time line of your VO for further processing and take a decision.
If you don't get the passport request within three months, I would suggest you inform VO about the expected baby and prepare for landing after baby also get the PR Visa.

If your baby is born after PR visa,but before landing, then you should immediately contact VO by fax or e - mail about the change in your family composition.

Prepare IMM0008 with modification to add dependent child, certified copy of birth certificate, photographs, Processing fee for additional member and the passport need to be send. The visa for baby will be issued accordingly.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wilson,
Thanks a lot for your informative reply, much appreciated.

Yes, I guess there is nothing I can do at this stage, will have to wait a couple more months and see if I receive the PPR by then and act accordingly.

Thanks again,
Regards
Guss

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj said:
Wilson,
Thanks a lot for your informative reply, much appreciated.

Yes, I guess there is nothing I can do at this stage, will have to wait a couple more months and see if I receive the PPR by then and act accordingly.

Thanks again,
Regards
Guss
Hi Guss,

Appreciated. It is not in our hands now. I agree to you. May God bless you and family with a pretty child!

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Wilson for the kind words.
By the way, were are you located? and are you a Canadian immigration consultant, or involved in any immigration work?

Thanks
Guss

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gussj said:
Thanks Wilson for the kind words.
By the way, were are you located? and are you a Canadian immigration consultant, or involved in any immigration work?

Thanks
Guss
Welcome Guss.
I am a Canadian permanent resident, but temporarily located in North Carolina, USA. I am permanently settled in Milton, Ontario, Canada.

I am not an immigration expert, consultant or involved in immigration work.
I utilize my spare time for , absolutely free service for those who need any assistance related to Canadian immigration.

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wilson,
That's great to know that there are still good people in the world :)
Thank you again for all your help and generosity and for giving this forum the time and effort..
This also goes to all the other members of this forum, who share their input and experience as well.

Thanks again
Regards
Guss

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Appreciated Guss. Your precious comments are the satisfaction. There are lot of other good people too in this forum, far better than me with expertise and dedication.

AKHI

May 27, 2012
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2011
Doc's Request.
D.N.A request 29/5/2013- D.N.A result 10/9/2013
File Transfer...
13/3/2012
Med's Request
re med-17/9/2013
Passport Req..
2 week after er med....
VISA ISSUED...
??
@wilson,
2 months after submitting my application of spouse visa i gave birth to a child...than my hubby sent additonal information to them...so my questin is now will that delay my processing time? will my child need to go through a D.N.A test? my application was received by them march 12, 2012 still now no news from them.im worried sick, plz help me out with d information.

Singh27

May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New-Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with package
File Transfer...
29/11/2014
Med's Request
27/01/2015
Med's Done....
06/02/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/6/2015
LANDED..........
11/07/2015
hi Group,

As others in the group I am also in a situation.

We are applying for FSWP2014 and will be submitted our application to by July end.
My wife is 4 months carrying and the expected date is in Dec.

How to go on from here, do I declare now while processing our application, or wait for application to be submitted and accepted by them and then update them of the expected baby??? guys please help me with it

we are highly confused ::) ::)

folks please provide your suggestions

Gussj

Feb 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot do much at this stage other than apply and wait for approval.
You sill have a long way to go. By the time you get you application approved and processed hopefully you will have your new born, then you can add to your application once approved depending on the stage of the application process.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.