+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife pregnancy after COPR

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
Hello All,
Me and my wife recieved COPR this month which expires in October 2020. Just a week after obtaining the COPR, my wife was found to be pregnant with delivery due in November. With the current unfortunate conditions related to covid19, I am not sure if I will be able to move in Canada by October so that the child is born in Canada. Is there a way I can reopen my application now and wait until the child is born outside Canada? What are the ways to move forward with my given situation. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards and many thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you cannot travel, you can send a webform to IRCC to see what your options are.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
Me and my wife recieved COPR this month which expires in October 2020. Just a week after obtaining the COPR, my wife was found to be pregnant with delivery due in November. With the current unfortunate conditions related to covid19, I am not sure if I will be able to move in Canada by October so that the child is born in Canada. Is there a way I can reopen my application now and wait until the child is born outside Canada? What are the ways to move forward with my given situation. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards and many thanks
Will really depend on if covid continues to be a large issue until October. At the moment you would not qualify for an extension,

hashter12

Jan 7, 2019
Hello All,
Regards and many thanks
What did you decide can you guide me.. i have a similar situation

Kassim213

Mar 31, 2020
What did you decide can you guide me.. i have a similar situation
Dear hashter12,
To be honest, I did not decide on anything until now. All I have been reading from posts and forums is that if baby is born in Canada, he/she will be automatically a citizen, if baby is born outside Canada, then at least one of the parents has to go Canada and apply for baby's sponsorship which can take up to 1 year. Let me know what you have decided
Thanks