+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife is visiting Canada

natrajs35

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
karthicbaboo said:
Are you going to process inland or outland PR?
I already applied outland PR since my wife is not in Canada at the time I applied PR and I will change the address once she comes here. Call centre agents informed me that the application will be processed as Outland even if my wife comes to Canada later

rajivbmenon

Sep 26, 2014
Hi natrajs35 and karthicbaboo

By any chance did you guys have to create an invitation letter to invite your wives?

I am getting married on 28th of December in India. I will be around there until mid January and based on what you have done natrajs35, I think it would make sense for me to apply for the Visit visa there itself? What do you guys think?

Karthicbaboo what was the experience you went through? What were the reasons for you to get rejected the first two times and then get approved the third? Are you in Canada on PR or as a citizen? Karthicbaboo where did you apply for the Visit visa from? What documents did you submit for the Visa.

I was planning to apply for a visit visa right now for my fiance and was wondering if it would just make sense to wait? Do let me know your thoughts.

Thank you and hope to hear from you guys soon

Rajiv

roofy05

Oct 3, 2014
MIKEYMYKE , NATRAJS35 , KARTHIBABOO,

All you Gentlemen been successful in getting your visit visa for your wife while your sponsorship application is in process.I git married last month sep 7.Im a PR here and Im in the process of applying sponsorship for my wife in this month and the visit visa next month. The reason i do not want to apply for visit first because i do not want vis office think that once my wife s here i might end up appying for Inland sponsorship which has backlogged more than cic expected.Its a red flag .so If you guys can help me provide with the documents in detail which i need to prepare for her visit.
Appreciete your help. Thanks

natrajs35

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
roofy05 said:
MIKEYMYKE , NATRAJS35 , KARTHIBABOO,

All you Gentlemen been successful in getting your visit visa for your wife while your sponsorship application is in process.I git married last month sep 7.Im a PR here and Im in the process of applying sponsorship for my wife in this month and the visit visa next month. The reason i do not want to apply for visit first because i do not want vis office think that once my wife s here i might end up appying for Inland sponsorship which has backlogged more than cic expected.Its a red flag .so If you guys can help me provide with the documents in detail which i need to prepare for her visit.
Appreciete your help. Thanks
I submitted the following documents:

- PR Card Copy
- Salary Slips (Last 3 months)
- Bank Statements (Last 6 months)
- Marriage Invitation, pictures and certificate
- Notice of Assessment (Year 2013) and T4 Form
- Invitation Letter (Mentioning I will support all the expenses for my wife when she arrives in Canada, she is not willing to stay permanently, my employment details etc.)
- Employment Proof Letter
- Wife's Educational Documents

Thanks,
Natarajan

M

mikeymyke

I submitted some tips on this thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-i-need-a-sample-of-letter-of-purpose-for-visitor-visa-to-canada-t244919.0.html;msg3580441#msg3580441

I, the host, submitted:

-my birth certificate
-my bank statement 3 months
-invitation letter
-employment letter indicating my salary and length of employment
-income tax return from last year showing my salary
-papers showing I own my house
-car registration showing I own a car and can use it to take my wife places
-plans of our upcoming trip to Europe, which further shows my wife not intend to overstay Canada
-proof of booked hotel and plane tickets to Vancouver, which is her first destination in Canada
-15 photos of us together, with family, at wedding
-marriage certificate to show we are married

My wife, the applicant, sent:

-proof of travel insurance
-bank statement, 3 months
-proof of income
-household registry, a document that shows she's lived at her home her entire life (shows family ties)
-household plan, a document that shows her parents have owned and lived at the house her entire life (shows family ties)
-proof of money transfers between myself and her, showing financial support between the both of us
-pictures of her passport showing her entire travel history
-her birth certificate
-her identity card
-MS word letter saying that she did her medical already, please refer to UCI# XXXXXXX for results (this UCI # is the one used for your PR application)
-flight itinerary
-criminal record checks from USA and Vietnam (she lived in US before, these record checks were from our PR application)

Notice a lot of these documents are extra, but we sent them anyway to prove she's not an overstay risk and has no criminal record.

rajivbmenon

Sep 26, 2014
Thank you very much for all the answers, I really appreciate all the help you guys are providing! if I have any additional questions I will post here so all can see.

Thank you very much Mikeymyke, Natras35 and Karthicbaboo for your responses!

Hoping to use the info you gave me to get mine and my fiance's (for now and wife in December :)) documents in order!

Rajiv