+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife is in Cameroon its been 6 months

Dec 31, 2007
Hello to Everyone,

So here goes...

I am back in Canada after almost 2 years working very hard in Africa.I met and married the most wonderful woman while there. My work ended and my former employers have left me hanging without paying me the last 6 months and expenses totalling more than 50k. I have asked for a letter of employment and they are not responding.

I do not have anything in the bank here and I am just getting by supporting her and myself. I am employed and make a fair income though.

I have contacted an immigration lawyer and he has given me all the procedures I need to do. The thing is though I have no letter of past employment and no bank balance.

Please if anyone can help me with any info they have please let me know.

Sincerely,

Missing my wife

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
what exactly is your question? you dont need to meet income requirements to sponsor your wife, just cant be on welfare.you will hAVE TO show intentions of settling in canda once approved. is this the letter that you are talking about? the letter to show intentions to settle in canada?

hypnotic8

Dec 29, 2007
You don't need an employment letter from your ex employer. They are more interested in your current situation, so you should get one from your current job. Don't worry about your financial situation because spousal sponsorship cases are exempt from income requirements. All they are interested in is that you are not receiving social well-fare and that you are not bankrupt.