+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wife in armed forces

mamoo

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Hi I have filed sponsorship of my wife. currently she is in armed forces however, she has leaving armed forces as leaving process will take some time I filed sponsorship application on 14-4-2010 but its still in process at CIC-Miss. Can anyboday tell me why they r taking so long does her working in armed forces create any hurdle in sponsorship.

joecreosta

Jan 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its passed normal 2 months. i think u should call them on monday morning find out why so long.

yusuf

lands

Jan 28, 2010
The normal process is about a month for CIC..but yes..your application might be takin longer since CIC is probably doing a detailed back ground check because of her connection to the forces..

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
lands said:
The normal process is about a month for CIC..but yes..your application might be takin longer since CIC is probably doing a detailed back ground check because of her connection to the forces..
Isnt the part that is done in Mississauga just a check of the person who is sponsoring, not the immigrant? The visa office that it goes to after sponsorship approval will do the detailed background check, not Mississauga. Correct me if I am mistaken?

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Thanks @heather..for pointing that out..yes..what I meant to say was..for a sponsor to get a letter about the status of the application from CIC Miss..is about a month or so...

I

iarblue

Well it just a couple days over the two month you will likely hear something this week,Heather is right the Miss part is just to make sure all forms are there and the sponsor qualifies security checks are done by the visa office.(outside agency)and it does say approx 60 days could be a couple less a couple more just depends how many apps were put in,in the same moth or months before.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
lands said:
Thanks @ heather..for pointing that out..yes..what I meant to say was..for a sponsor to get a letter about the status of the application from CIC Miss..is about a month or so...
Thanks. I find a lot of this so confusing and the two applications, sponsorship and pr, being sent together make it seem like it is only one process.

mamoo

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Thanks everybody for your advise well in my case I have three sponsorship applications two for my two kids from my first marrige and the third one of my 2nd wife infact while logging on cic web site for online status it shows deceision made on my kids application whereas nothing of my wife application, ven I called the immigration office on the recorded message while providing them my ID no. they said ur sposnorship application received on 24-4-2010 and the case forwarded to concern visa office but there is no letter received by me in Canada. In the online status when I check its the name of my boyh the kids there with decesion made but nothing mentioned about deceision except showing message that wait for the mail before contacting this office but I have not received any mail even on the decesion on my kids application as the letter was issued on 14-6-2010 for my kids as shown in the online status. Need friends help on the matter.