+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife Immigration

tahirbaloch

Mar 2, 2006
I have got Canadian Immigration in November 2005. But I am currently living in United Arab Emirates for work. Is it possible to apply for immigration for my wife from here?

After getting Canadain PR, I married with my Egyptian wife in United Arab Emirates in Egyptian Embassy according to the Egyptian law. However, my case was filed from Pakistan which is my origin country but my wife is an Egyptian. What will be the requirements for such case if I apply immigration for my wife.?

If I go back to Canada and apply for my wife from there, how log will it take for her to get landing documents?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tahirbaloch said:
I have got Canadian Immigration in November 2005. But I am currently living in United Arab Emirates for work. Is it possible to apply for immigration for my wife from here?

After getting Canadain PR, I married with my Egyptian wife in United Arab Emirates in Egyptian Embassy according to the Egyptian law. However, my case was filed from Pakistan which is my origin country but my wife is an Egyptian. What will be the requirements for such case if I apply immigration for my wife.?

If I go back to Canada and apply for my wife from there, how log will it take for her to get landing documents?
1. No, only Canadian citizens can sponsor spouses/children while abroad.
2. YOu file the sponsorship and her application with medicals and criminal records checks to Mississauga. They send it to the office that services the country where either she has been ADMITTED for 1 year or her country of resident. If she is resident in the UAE then Mississauga would send it to London, if she is resident in Egypt, then it would go to Cairo.
3. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/05-fc-spouses.html for processing times.

PMM

seesamad

Mar 11, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear PMM , can a potential application living in UAE but his country of Origin is Pakistan , apply to FSWP -2013 from UAE ? Does CIC have any restrictions ? Can applicant apply from UAE easily without any hassles ? Please advise

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seesamad said:
Dear PMM , can a potential application living in UAE but his country of Origin is Pakistan , apply to FSWP -2013 from UAE ? Does CIC have any restrictions ? Can applicant apply from UAE easily without any hassles ? Please advise
Are you asking about Federal Skilled Worker Program? Have you posted your inquiry into the Skilled Immigration Forum? Here's the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/skilled-worker-professional-immigration-b4.0/

As far as I know, You can apply from another country for FSWP if you lived in that country legally for at least 1 year. You have to send the application to the Canadian Visa office that handles application sent from UAE (which I think is London). But remember you have to stay in UAE while the file is in process and you may have to travel to London if they require an interview. If you move from UAE then you have to notify London Visa Office of your change of address. If you move to a country whose Visa Office is different from London Visa Office then your file will be transferred there.

Hope this helps.