+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife has sponsorship interview in 2 weeks in Lebanon

Properityone

Apr 19, 2023
My wife and I got married a year and a half ago in Lebanon. We decided not to have a wedding because of COVID and my grandparents are sick ( my grandmother recently passed away). We instead just had our kitib il kitab (religious marriage ceremony) and a small celebration after. Im concerned because I’ve been reading cases where people have been refused for not having a wedding,bride not wearing a white dress or not going on a honeymoon. Anyone from Lebanon experience this? How should I prepare my wife for her interview when faced with questions concerning not having a wedding/honey moon ? It seems like such an old fashioned way of thinking we are in 2023 for goodness sake how can they refuse people for not wearing a white dress?

thanks !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My wife and I got married a year and a half ago in Lebanon. We decided not to have a wedding because of COVID and my grandparents are sick ( my grandmother recently passed away). We instead just had our kitib il kitab (religious marriage ceremony) and a small celebration after. Im concerned because I’ve been reading cases where people have been refused for not having a wedding,bride not wearing a white dress or not going on a honeymoon. Anyone from Lebanon experience this? How should I prepare my wife for her interview when faced with questions concerning not having a wedding/honey moon ? It seems like such an old fashioned way of thinking we are in 2023 for goodness sake how can they refuse people for not wearing a white dress?

thanks !
Do you have an extensive in person dating history? If not then traditional marriage ceremony and honeymoon become more important because you don’t have the in person history. How much time have you spent in person? Did you get married on your first in person meeting?

Properityone

Apr 19, 2023
I have been talking to her online and over the phone for 3 years. Since our religious marriage a year and a half ago we have been talking literally everyday. However, our in person meeting was only for 2 weeks and in that 2 weeks we got married religiously.

We have the conversation history which I downloaded from what’sapp dating back to 2020. We never had our honeymoon however we did sleep in the same bed after our religious marriage.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

thanks !
The honeymoon, white dress kind of questions are related to people who do not have a lot of relationship development between the couple.
Arranged marriage, online ONLY dating until marriage may be some of the factors.
If some cultural/religion do not consider a marriage to be "completed" until the couple have honeymoon or live together, then IRCC may question for the reason.
The sponsor and applicant could have reason to support why some traditions were skipped (family memeber sickness, COVID, COVID restriction in the country where the wedding took place...etc)
At that point, interaction or visits after the wedding will help to show the the marriage is on-going and is genuine.

Reactions: canuck78