+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife got PPR! (But got some questions...we're confused, lol)

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
I'm a Canadian citizen, sponsoring my Indonesian wife.

On 5 Feb, my wife got an email from the CIC (Singapore) requesting her to undergo another medical exam. Fine.....she did that on 11 Feb.

Then today (14 Feb) she got a PPR (along with relationship proofs), mailed to her house in an envelope (is that a sweet Valentine's day present or what? ;D )

The letter states that she has to wait for 6 weeks since the re-medical, before submitting her passport, along with the required documentations.

Then the letter lists the required documentations:

- 4 recent passport sized photos
- completed IMM5669 Schedule A

Apart from the 2 required documentations, there are also Appendices 'A' and 'C' in the envelope they sent, which obviously my wife will have to fill out as well.

Questions:

- Why only 2 required documentations? Isn't she supposed to send a brand new police clearance too? o_O

Those of you guys who got your 2nd police clearance request: was it listed as one of the required documents? Under the black bold "REQUIRED DOCUMENTS" how many items were listed?

- The Appendix A that they sent asks:

"How would you like us to return your passport(s)?

__Registered Mail
__Visa Application Centre
__Courier (Paid by Applicant)"

Which one do you guys think is the safest? Registered mail should suffice I suppose? (would we be required to pay for registered mail??)

What's a "visa application centre" anyway? How does it work?

vanity

Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MNLA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
AOR Received.
June 13, 2013
File Transfer...
June 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Passport Req..
March 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2013
LANDED..........
March 10, 2013
fandv said:
I'm a Canadian citizen, sponsoring my Indonesian wife.

On 5 Feb, my wife got an email from the CIC (Singapore) requesting her to undergo another medical exam. Fine.....she did that on 11 Feb.

Then today (14 Feb) she got a PPR (along with relationship proofs), mailed to her house in an envelope (is that a sweet Valentine's day present or what? ;D )

The letter states that she has to wait for 6 weeks since the re-medical, before submitting her passport, along with the required documentations.

Then the letter lists the required documentations:

- 4 recent passport sized photos
- completed IMM5669 Schedule A

Apart from the 2 required documentations, there are also Appendices 'A' and 'C' in the envelope they sent, which obviously my wife will have to fill out as well.

Questions:

- Why only 2 required documentations? Isn't she supposed to send a brand new police clearance too? o_O

Those of you guys who got your 2nd police clearance request: was it listed as one of the required documents? Under the black bold "REQUIRED DOCUMENTS" how many items were listed?

- The Appendix A that they sent asks:

"How would you like us to return your passport(s)?

__Registered Mail
__Visa Application Centre
__Courier (Paid by Applicant)"

Which one do you guys think is the safest? Registered mail should suffice I suppose? (would we be required to pay for registered mail??)

What's a "visa application centre" anyway? How does it work?

Hello.. usually they dont request police clearance if you submitted one along with your application. They request passport and appendix A.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
vanity said:
Hello.. usually they dont request police clearance if you submitted one along with your application. They request passport and appendix A.
But we sent the application (and yes, along with my wife's police clearance) over a year ago. Hasn't it expired...?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
They don't always request a second police clearance, especially when the applicant hasn't lived anywhere else but their home country.

Regarding the Visa Application Center, read more info here: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/indonesia/english/news.html (there are two in Indonesia: in Jakarta and Surabaya)
And here are the prices (Passport transmission service): http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/indonesia/english/service_charge_schedule.html

The safest way to send out your passport would be through the VAC, but if that is not possible, your second option is through courier (you need to include a pre paid envelope when you send the PP to them and they will use that envelope to send it back).

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Avadava said:
They don't always request a second police clearance, especially when the applicant hasn't lived anywhere else but their home country.

Regarding the Visa Application Center, read more info here: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/indonesia/english/news.html (there are two in Indonesia: in Jakarta and Surabaya)
And here are the prices (Passport transmission service): http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/indonesia/english/service_charge_schedule.html

The safest way to send out your passport would be through the VAC, but if that is not possible, your second option is through courier (you need to include a pre paid envelope when you send the PP to them and they will use that envelope to send it back).
1. Thanks so much Avadava! I thought a 2nd police clearance was always requested...apparently not then :)

2. Okay my wife tried calling VFS Jakarta....but they said they only handle matters related to Canadian temporary visa applications....and that they don't take care of forwarding passports (related to immigration/sponsorshop) to the Singapore visa office........seriously?? So only some VFS offices can do this then? o_O

3. Pre-paid envelope to send the passport back to my wife?

But the PPR letter only says this.....(nothing about it being prepaid):

"Include a self-addressed envelope which is large enough to hold your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document for each person. The COPR is nearly A4 sized when folded once so please be sure you provide an envelope with dimensions at least 12" x 8". Please provide a larger envelope if your family includes more than two persons."

So a self addressed envelope is not enough then? It HAS to be prepaid as well? :eek:

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
fandv said:
"Include a self-addressed envelope which is large enough to hold your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document for each person. The COPR is nearly A4 sized when folded once so please be sure you provide an envelope with dimensions at least 12" x 8". Please provide a larger envelope if your family includes more than two persons."

So a self addressed envelope is not enough then? It HAS to be prepaid as well? :eek:
That is for Registered mail, in both cases the envelope needs to be self-addressed. But for the courier, you need to pay the costs because they are considerably higher than registered mail.

It's really really weird that the VAC said they don't accept PP, because it is even listed in their price list of offered services. Have you explained to the VAC that this option was offered by the CIC? It's stated in the COPR.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Avadava said:
That is for Registered mail, in both cases the envelope needs to be self-addressed. But for the courier, you need to pay the costs because they are considerably higher than registered mail.

It's really really weird that the VAC said they don't accept PP, because it is even listed in their price list of offered services. Have you explained to the VAC that this option was offered by the CIC? It's stated in the COPR.
Hmmmm I see....I may have to choose the registered mail option then. What are the advantages of courier over registered mail?

So if I choose registered mail then the return envelope doesn't have to be prepaid then?

Yes good point....I will try and get my wife to call VFS Jakarta again to ask whether they can send passports to Singapore. May be the representative I talked to was a junior.... ;P