+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife applying for PR and kids applying for

bli

Jun 12, 2010
I am a Canadian citizen. I met my wife in California USA, she is USA citizen and we got married and have 2 kids and settled down in California for the last 10 years. We decided to move to Canada in the near future due to better education and environment for the kids. My kids are currently applying for "proof of Canadian citizenship" as they were born in USA. I am preparing my sponsorship for my wife and she is filling the PR application forms. There are sections in the PR forms that keep asking us to put in accompanying dependent children. Of course the kids are moving with us, but i can see the purpose of the form asking for their information is that they are assuming the kids are also applying for PR too, which is not our case since they are already Canadian citizens via descent from me.

Does anyone have similar situation and know how should we present the scenarios so there are no misunderstanding for the officier reviewing the PR forms. Wanna be caution as i dont want any delay for my wife PR application.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bli said:
I am a Canadian citizen. I met my wife in California USA, she is USA citizen and we got married and have 2 kids and settled down in California for the last 10 years. We decided to move to Canada in the near future due to better education and environment for the kids. My kids are currently applying for "proof of Canadian citizenship" as they were born in USA. I am preparing my sponsorship for my wife and she is filling the PR application forms. There are sections in the PR forms that keep asking us to put in accompanying dependent children. Of course the kids are moving with us, but i can see the purpose of the form asking for their information is that they are assuming the kids are also applying for PR too, which is not our case since they are already Canadian citizens via descent from me.

Does anyone have similar situation and know how should we present the scenarios so there are no misunderstanding for the officier reviewing the PR forms. Wanna be caution as i dont want any delay for my wife PR application.
The children are Canadian citizens, therefor are not included in the application as dependents to be sponsored. You show them on the IMM 5406.