+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

why the physiotherapist profile is ineligible in Express Entry

sanjeev3

Mar 29, 2019
Hi, my wife is physiotherapist in India having 18 months of experience. She recently got 7 bands each in reading, writing, speaking and 8 in listening . The WES outcome was 4 years of Bachelor's degree however its a regulated profession in Canada and is BPTH is a professional degree. Her Express Entry profile was also got rejected mentioning- ineligible. IF we are calculating the CRS score then it is 440 plus. I am unable to understand why the case got rejected as there is no specific reason mentioned. Please help. Aslo why the professional degree has been given ECA as 4 years of Bachelor's degree?

tonydlaw24

Feb 15, 2019
Hi, my wife is physiotherapist in India having 18 months of experience. She recently got 7 bands each in reading, writing, speaking and 8 in listening . The WES outcome was 4 years of Bachelor's degree however its a regulated profession in Canada and is BPTH is a professional degree. Her Express Entry profile was also got rejected mentioning- ineligible. IF we are calculating the CRS score then it is 440 plus. I am unable to understand why the case got rejected as there is no specific reason mentioned. Please help. Aslo why the professional degree has been given ECA as 4 years of Bachelor's degree?
This is because physiotherapist is not a professional degree needed to practice in a license professional by the provision of the CIC interpretation. Only the following specialization will qualify as such;
Medicine
Veterinary Medicine
Dentistry
Podiatry
Optometry
Law
Chiropractic Medicine
Pharmacy

Kashif ahmed

Dec 30, 2018
But but in order to practice physiotherapy, one needs to clear a licence exam in Canada..

So what are the prospects of a physiotherapist in Canada? Can you kindly enlighten on that olplea

sanjeev3

Mar 29, 2019
This is because physiotherapist is not a professional degree needed to practice in a license professional by the provision of the CIC interpretation. Only the following specialization will qualify as such;
Medicine
Veterinary Medicine
Dentistry
Podiatry
Optometry
Law
Chiropractic Medicine
Pharmacy
But but in order to practice physiotherapy, one needs to clear a licence exam conducted by CAPR in Canada. Please suggest.

praveen22

Feb 12, 2019
I dont think it should happen..
you can migrate to Canada if your points are enough !!

praveen22

Feb 12, 2019
But but in order to practice physiotherapy, one needs to clear a licence exam conducted by CAPR in Canada. Please suggest.
Yes you have to get Credential accessed from CAPR and then Theory Exam and then Clinical exam before you practice in Canada.. but you can work as asst. physio once credential is accessed from CAPR.. please get it checked from Canadian bodies..
Thanks